3B1 and MSDOS Disks

Peter J. Holsberg pjh at mccc.UUCP
Wed Feb 10 02:04:28 AEST 1988

In article <2507 at crash.cts.com> ford%kenobi at crash.CTS.COM (Michael Ditto) writes:
|In article <187 at mccc.UUCP> pjh at mccc.UUCP (Peter J. Holsberg) writes:
|>What are the UNIX commands on the 7300 for reading from and writing to
|>an MSDOS-formatted floppy disk?  (I know I can do it with 'ua', but
|>....)  Thanks.
|
|Read Ms.Dos floppy:		/usr/bin/msdos
|Write Ms.Dos floppy:		/usr/bin/md_write
|Format Ms.Dos floppy:		/usr/bin/md_format
|
|Note that all of these programs do bizarre things to the current window,
|so you should probably run them with a program like "windy", or at least
|be prepared to fix up the window afterwards.

Thanks, Mike.  I tried these and had no problems with the windows.  BUT,
isn't there some way to emulate MSDOS's
		COPY A:*.* C:
???  This business of copying one file at a time sucks!!

--
Peter Holsberg                  UUCP: {rutgers!}princeton!mccc!pjh
Technology Division             CompuServe: 70240,334