8char function names from hell

eric townsend erict at flatline.UUCP
Thu Feb 11 11:25:49 AEST 1988

In article <385 at pcbox.UUCP>, pjc at pcbox.UUCP (Paul J. Condie) writes:
> In article <380 at flatline.UUCP> erict at flatline.UUCP (eric townsend) writes:
> >behold, the unix-pc C compiler doesn't go past 8 characters in
> >either a function or a varible name!
> >An 8 character limit?  What is this, a step back towards 2 character
> >varible names like in BASIC?
> >Ranting over.. Seriously, though.. Is there any way to get around this?
> >Any kludges, or preprocessors, or anything?
>
> The unix-pc compiler does by default support longer function/variable
> names, unless you use the -T option to truncate.

I think it by default supports on 3.51.. but not on 3.0 (which I may
not have specified...)
Ratings stickers on music releases: Just Say "No". | Another journalist with
If I wish really hard, will IBM go away forever?   | too much computing power.
Girls play with toys. Real women skate. -- Powell Peralta ad
J. Eric Townsend ->uunet!nuchat!flatline!erict smail:511Parker#2,Hstn,Tx,77007