UNIX PC going into production again?

Prentiss Riddle riddle at woton.UUCP
Thu Feb 25 08:12:47 AEST 1988

Rumors, rumors!  We've been hearing for some time now that AT&T was
pulling out of the UNIX PC, which is why it held the fire sale this
fall.  A few months ago we heard rumors that "all" UNIX PCs had been
sold in one swell foop to some European firm and the fire sale was
over.  (In fact there are still a few UNIX PCs around at fire sale
prices if you know where to look.)  Now some parts and manuals are
starting to get scarce, leading to the panicky sensation that we're
seeing the Beginning of the End.

On the other hand, the latest gossip is that AT&T (or presumably
Convergent) is about to put the UNIX PC into production again, and
reintroduce it once the fire sale stock is completely sold!

Can anyone confirm or deny this latest rumor?  (Please do *not* flood
the net with "I heard it too" notices -- follow up only if you have
some hard information to offer.  Thanks.)

--- Prentiss Riddle ("Aprendiz de todo, maestro de nada.")
--- Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer.
--- riddle at woton.UUCP  {ihnp4,harvard}!ut-sally!im4u!woton!riddle