3b2/300 - 310 upgrade

Randy Suess randy at chinet.UUCP
Thu May 5 01:39:44 AEST 1988

In article <5089 at chinet.UUCP> randy at chinet.UUCP (Randy Suess) writes:
>the 4 roms out of the 300 and put it in the 310, but all went well.

	Jeeze.  Don't know how I managed to mangle that!
	Here it is again, all of it, I hope....
	(It's small, take a bunch)
-------------

	I have a very old 3b2/300 running SysVr3.1.  I just obtained
a 3b2/310 motherboard, and replaced the 300's with it.  I had to take
the 4 roms out of the 300 and put it in the 310, but all went well.
My question is, is there anything I should do software-wise to take
advantage of the new processor chip set?  Should I re-install
the core software, and/or recompile any source?  My understanding was
that the old processor required tons of no-ops in the executables
to make up for some bugs, but the newer 32100 does not.
Any info would be appreciated.

--
that's the biz, sweetheart.....
Randy Suess