Accessing the ctc on a 3B2/400 from a program ?

Eric Kozowski eric at magic4.UUCP
Tue May 10 07:05:35 AEST 1988

In article <744 at ambush.UUCP>, storm at ambush.UUCP (Kim F. Storm) writes:

> We have to port a program to backup large files (and disks) on the
> 23 Mbyte cartridge tape on the 3b2/400.
>
> There is no problems in moving the code (isn't C+UNIX wonderful),
> but we cannot get any good performance out of the tape drive, because
> we cannot make it stream.

Try using the ctccpio command, and/or the savecpio command with the -C ctccpio
option.  If you need more info send me e-mail.

--
Eric Kozowski  AT&T GBS  Portland, Or        || ... I have become
(503)295-4250  2020 SW 4th  Suite 500 97201  || comfortably numb ...