7300 fire sale

Oscar Von der Luhe oscar at sunspot.UUCP
Sat May 14 01:58:14 AEST 1988

In article <1165 at neoucom.UUCP> wtm at neoucom.UUCP (Bill Mayhew) writes:

[sales brochure, etc. deleted]

>Attn: Jennifer Rudesjohn

PLEASE!! The lady's name is Jennifer Johnsrude!

>Since I haven't bought anything from this joint, I don't know how
>reputable they may or may not be.

I bought the $995 deal, which comes with Sys V 2.0 on the disk and ABSOLUTELY
NO software documentation. I also got Sys V 3.51 and the Utilities from them.
I think it's a pretty good deal, although the 7300 IS slow with just .5 Meg,
and my 20MB disk was about 70% full after having everything installed. My ex-
perience with DDS is that they were quite responsive when I had a problem with
my HD during the warranty period; I got the entire system replaced in almost
no time.

I have no relations whatsoever to DDS, except as a customer.

UUCP:			{arizona,decvax,hao,ihnp4}!noao!sunspot!oscar
Internet:		ovonderluhe at noao.arizona.edu