AT&T 386 UNIX

Bill Kennedy bill at ssbn.WLK.COM
Tue May 3 01:20:10 AEST 1988

I tried to cancel yesterday's posting about the second disk but I
didn't see the cancellation go upstream, so I'll waste a few more
bauds.  First my apologies, a bit of RTFM solved my problem.  On
the PC 6300 PLUS (just to prove I already knew better) you must
have the UNIX partition start on cylinder 1 and it must be the
active partition.  Ditto 386 UNIX, otherwise there is no place to
put the bad block table, etc.  Once I did that the install went
without a hitch.  An interesting extra is that there appear to be
device drivers for a second controller, suggesting you can have
four hard disks.

Computone says that they are beta testing their driver for AT&T
UNIX and it should be along in another month or so :-(.  It seems
to me that if you took their ip1.o for ubug or ISC and used it
as Driver.o, constructed the Master and System files, it should
install just fine.  Any opinions on that?  If I get antsy enough
I might answer that question before I collect any opinions...
--
Bill Kennedy  usenet      {rutgers,ihnp4!killer,cbosgd}!ssbn!bill
              internet    bill at ssbn.WLK.COM