6386 MSDOS<-> 6386 UNIX file transfer

e.a.olson eao at anumb.UUCP
Thu May 5 21:54:57 AEST 1988

    How can I transfer files to my 6386 at a decent speed?
    I can't seem to find anyone with a STARLAN driver for
    UNIX, and the serial port at 4800 baud isn't what I was
    looking for.  I've been successful copying files to
    the DOS partition of the disk using the STARLAN but, alas-
    the files seem as far away now as when they were on another
    machine.  I can't find a way to transfer them to the UNIX
    partition.

    Does anyone know how to access the DOS partition from UNIX
    or to access the UNIX partition from DOS?

    Can anyone within AT&T point me towards a UNIX driver for
    the STARLAN (I've heard it's in beta test :-) )

						eric olson
						AT&T-Bell Laboratories, MV
						ihnp4!mvuxq!eao