Need Recommendation for "Turbo"-like Fortran

Larry Autry larry at sgistl.SGI.COM
Mon May 16 12:02:08 AEST 1988

In article <1213 at mtunb.ATT.COM>, dmt at mtunb.ATT.COM (Dave Tutelman) writes:
-> I'd like to put a Fortran compiler on his PC at home (an AT&T 6300
-> MS-DOS machine).
-> Any recommendations?  My anticipated needs are:
->
-> 	Preferably under $100.
-> 	Fast and easy to use.  Integrated environment (like Turbo C or Pas)
-> 		would be nice, but not essential.
-> 	Needn't be complete.  I doubt they'll do anything really sophisticated
-> 		in this course.  But.....
-> 	Subset of the standard (I suppose Fortran 77).  I am guessing
-> 		that what he debugs at home he'll run on a different
-> 		Fortran at school.
-> None of these "requirements" is hard and fast.

Ellis Computing of Reno, Nevada, publishes Utah Fortran. Computer Shopper.
They also publish Cobol, Basic, Pascal and Pilot.  They sell the COBOL
product for about $70.00.  I think Fortran is about the same.  These people
have been around since CP/M days (1979) with Nevada Cobol etc...  Their
phone number is 702-827-3030.  Also, Utah COBOL is based on ANSI-74
standards, so I don't know what the Fortran is based on.

Disclaimer:  I do not own nor do I endorse any of the above products.
--
					Larry Autry
larry at sgistl.sgi.com
       or
{ucbvax,sun,ames,pyramid,decwrl}!sgi!sgistl!larry