TeX for Xenix and SysV/3B2

G.Onufer exodus at uop.edu
Sun May 15 15:01:31 AEST 1988

I am not sure why everybody became so confused.  When I mentioned CTeX (or
CommonTeX), and the "MS-DOS" directory, I meant the new tex.h in the INIT
directory that came with CommonTeX 2.8.  It was for MS-DOS machines (made
the arrays a little smaller here and there).  It came with the CommonTeX
I got of the Unix TeX distribution from the University of Washington.

The OTHER Tex in C is called CTeX (I guess) or more likely tex-to-c.  It
is a machine translation from the tex.web file to one or ten c files + headers
and extra.c.  It has been ported to the Amiga by one of the authors of the
program that converts it.  I just got it to run on my Atari ST (passes the
Trip test except for three floats that are off by .00001, but the resulting
dvi file has only two differences when diff'ed with the dvitype output of real
TeX) but it only works when compiled for Trip, when I try to compile it
with larger arrays, the program crashes  (off to work I go trying to figure
out that one).

Greg Onufer
University of the Pacific

--
Greg Onufer   		GEnie: G.ONUFER		University of the Pacific
UUCP:						**POSTMASTER @ UOP**