UNIXpc per-process VM limit (Was: Re: Swapping and wmgr)

Brant Cheikes brant at manta.UUCP
Sun May 29 05:07:43 AEST 1988

In article <3030 at crash.cts.com> ford at crash.CTS.COM (Michael Ditto) writes:
>The Unix PC supports 4M of virtual memory PER PROCESS, with a total amount
>dependant on your physical memory + swap space.

I would like to see this claim substantiated.  On page 2-1 of the AT&T
UNIXpc Interface Specification ("Detailed Interface Specification")
for version 3.51, it says:

	"Minimum real memory is 512K [...] and maximum process
	size for a virtual memory program is 2.5 megabytes."

Who's correct, the FM or Mr. Ditto?
--
Brant Cheikes
University of Pennsylvania