Unix PC keyboard driver with meta key and other features (source)

rcj at moss.ATT.COM rcj at moss.ATT.COM
Tue May 31 08:57:16 AEST 1988

In article <162 at elgar.UUCP> ford at kenobi.UUCP (Mike "Ford" Ditto) writes:
}which shouldn't have been there anyway.)  This causes emacs to
}automatically (setq meta-flag t) when you're on the console.

I'm sorry, but this is too good to pass up.
Do you mean Warren Montgomery's emacs?  I don't think it likes commands
like the setq command above.
Do you mean Gosling's emacs?  Or maybe GNU emacs?

There are many vastly different things called "emacs" lying around.
The above is the equivalent to saying, "This causes your newsreading
program to automatically consider case when processing a 'g' command."
The above might work for "rn", but what about readnews and vnews and...

Sorry, I've had a bad weekend and you're article was the first one
I came across that I could very mildly flame without taking my whole
weekend out on one person.  ;-)

Curtis Jackson	-- moss!rcj  201-386-6409  (CORNET 232)
	...![ ihnp4 ulysses ucbvax allegra ]!moss!rcj
	...![ ihnp4 ucbvax akgua watmath  ]!clyde!rcj