AT&T UNIX PC 7300 Hard disk formatting initing?

in stereo where available steveg at ritcsh.UUCP
Wed May 25 10:17:10 AEST 1988

I am trying to bring up a AT&T UNIX PC 7300 system, that has been floating
around our department.  No one has a use for it so it is my turn to learn
and play around with a UNIX machine.

The problem (I am not sure if it is a problem) I am having is that when
I try to init the harddisk and run a surface test, it finds more than 126
(I think that is the number) bad blocks and complains that it can not
write to the bad block table.

Well is there a way to make the table bigger?  Any suggestions on how
I should handle this.  Yes this means I am running disk 1 of 13 to install
the system.
--
   ___      ___     ___   Steve Good       ...uunet!ccicpg!cci632!ritcsh!steveg
|@/o o\@| @/- -\@ @/o o\@ Network Administrator         BITNET%"SNGDCO at RITVAXD"
| \ o / |  / o \   \/-\/  Rochester Institute of Technology       (716)475-2702
 \ --- /  | --- |  /---\  "I hear nothing, I see nothing, I say nothing" Shultz