AT&T WGS 6386

Richard Stevens stevens at hsi.UUCP
Fri May 27 22:37:34 AEST 1988

In article <649 at auvax.UUCP>, louis at auvax.UUCP (Louis Schmittroth) writes:
> Look at the current issue (May I think) of UNIX World.  There is a
> review there -- very favourable.  We have one and are very impressed.
> If you want more in depth impressions, e-mail me.

That review is pretty pathetic in my opinion.  It left me wanting
a lot more detailed information than was provided.  The article
claims the 6386 is faster than both the PS/2 Model 80 and the Compaq -
OK, but how much faster and how do they do it ?  There was also a
mention about some troff previewing on its terminals, but the article
also said neither nroff or troff was provided.  I'd like to know a
*lot* more about the UNIX that comes with it - are streams provided
for no charge, or an expensive add-on ?  How about RFS ?  What kind
of networking interface - TLI I assume ?  Any TCP/IP ?  When is the
release that allows Xenix programs to run going to be available ?
An on and on ...

	Richard Stevens
	Health Systems International, New Haven, CT
           { uunet | ihnp4 } ! hsi ! stevens