WD2010 controller and >1024 cylinders

Lenny Tropiano lenny at icus.UUCP
Tue May 31 05:54:13 AEST 1988

Has anyone successfully upgraded their WD1010 hard disk controller with
the WD2010 and format a disk with greater than 1024 cylinders.  I know the
chip is easy enough to upgrade, but from what I am told the diagnostic
disk is brain-damaged (as a lot of things are on this machine) and limits
your disk to 1024 cylinders.

I've done the FIELD UPGRADE P5.1 to allow bigger disks [and before anyone
even asks, I cannot give this out *sorry*] and I am shopping around for
another hard disk (anyone have a suggestion...?!) and I wonder if I have
to make sure I have disks less than 1024 cylinders...

Thanks,
Lenny
--
US MAIL  : Lenny Tropiano, ICUS Computer Group        IIIII  CCC U   U  SSS
           PO Box 1                                     I   C    U   U S