VP/ix & Mouse

Bill Kennedy bill at ssbn.WLK.COM
Fri Nov 25 04:51:02 AEST 1988

I am running AT&T 386 UNIX Vr3.1 with Simul-Task v1.0.1 and a Logitech
Bus Mouse on IRQ-5.  The mouse works just fine under native DOS and it
works OK the first time VP/ix (sorry, I know the official name is
Simul-Task, but that's harder to type) is started.  If you exit back
to UNIX and then go back into VP/ix the mouse is dead.  The sign on
banner says that it's attached and everything appears normal but no
action from the mouse.

Has anyone else seen this?  Is there a workaround?

I have tried deleting my "fast boot" image and creating a new one that was
the first VP/ix invocation after a shutdown and reset (the mouse worked
fine) but it doesn't seem to be any different.  I also tried loading from
the "C" drive or my DOS partition which is "D".  The results are repeatable,
first VP/ix invocation after a reset the mouse is A-OK, subsequent runs it's
dead.  I suspect that the controller card doesn't like the way it's being
initialized the subsequent times.  I'll RTFM some more but Logitech doesn't
have much to say about UNIX Simul-Task :-)  Thanks,
--
Bill Kennedy  usenet      {killer,att,rutgers,sun!daver,uunet!bigtex}!ssbn!bill
              internet    bill at ssbn.WLK.COM