AT&T System V Rel 3 for 80386

Hans Jespersen hjespersen at trillium.waterloo.edu
Fri Nov 18 02:31:01 AEST 1988

In article <1069 at hsi.UUCP> stevens at hsi.UUCP (Richard Stevens) writes:
>I'm interested in obtaining true AT&T System V, Release 3 for
>a Compaq 386/20.  I recall reading in this newsgroup that the
>version for the 8386 WGS runs fine on the Compaq, and have a
>couple of questions:

Sure does. In fact, when you first install , it asks you whether you are
installing on a 6386 or a Compaq 386. Something to do with knowing how
to format the drive I think.

>- where can I order it from ?  cost ?
>- what version is the latest release, and is it Release 3.1 or 3.2 ?

The latest release is 386 UNIX SYS V Rel. 3.2 and it includes Xenix
binary compatibility. Available directly from AT&T or any VAR (not to sure
on who's who's in the USA so I won't name names.)

Of course you could also get the similar product from Interactive, Bell Tech
or SCO (UNIX not XENIX)

>- who has a streams-based TCP/IP product for it (Wolongong and
>  Lachman, I'd assume) ?  Anyone have any experience with it ?

Have to pass on this one, anyone else?

>	Richard Stevens
>	Health Systems International, New Haven, CT
>	   stevens at hsi.uu.net
>           ... { uunet | yale } ! hsi ! stevens

Hans Jespersen          UUCP : attcan!{uunet|utgpu}!watmath!trillium!hjespersen
University of Waterloo  INTERNET: hjespersen at trillium.waterloo.edu
Waterloo, Ontario       VOICENET: (519)747-1721