standards and ATT

Netnews Administrator fmcgee at cuuxb.ATT.COM
Sat Nov 12 18:16:21 AEST 1988

In article <851 at sceard.UUCP> mrm at sceard.UUCP (M.R.Murphy) writes:
>We just got a bright, shiny AT&T 6386WGS with SV3.2 for evaluation.
>It has an IPC802 intellegent ports card with 2 parallel ports and 8
>RS232 serial ports. The serial ports have DB25s connectors rather
>than DB25p connectors.  The cable that used to connect my modem

You can blame none other than IBM for this one.  Every serial port on
every PC, PC clone, etc. has a female connector.  Also, some
clones use DB9 connectors instead of DB25's.

One of the reasons for choosing the IPC 802 was that it had ports that
were physically just like the port on a true IBM PC.

Frank McGee
Tier 3 Indirect Channel Sales Support
attmail!fmcgee