Unix vs. Big Blue

Mark Dapoz mdapoz at ziebmef.uucp
Wed Nov 16 14:17:40 AEST 1988

In article <330 at topcat.UUCP> david at topcat.UUCP (David L. Summerville) writes:
>I work in a totally IBM shop. I have an interesting problem. It seems
>that my employer has discovered Unix.
>The Top Brass decided to commission a study of Unix. And since the
>"logical" next step for us is to "advance" to OS/2, R&D has been
>preparing a study comparing OS/2 and Unix.  And I have been asked to
>help.

Sounds like they're quite firm on staying with IBM iron.  You may find it
easier to try and get them to accept AIX (UNIX Derivative) running on a
model 80 or an RT.  It may also make it easier for them to accept this wonderful
world of UNIX comming from someone they've dealt with before (regardless of
how bad they may be :-).
	-Mark