Info-3B2 Digest, Number 37

Info-3b2 Mailer info-3b2 at lamc.UUCP
Thu Nov 3 00:57:08 AEST 1988

                           Info-3b2 Digest, Number 37

                           Tuesday, November 1st 1988

Today's Topics:

                         Re: Info-3b2 Digest, Number 35
                            Re: 3B News Distribution
                        Re: Benchmarks and bug in inews.c

Date: Mon, 31 Oct 88 12:33:38 -0100
From: "Joerg Kaiser" <cogsci!uunet.uu.net!unido!gmdzi!kaiser>
Subject: Re: Info-3b2 Digest, Number 35

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 31 Oct 88 12:17:04 GMT
Subject: Re: 3B News Distribution
From: hoptoad!quaduk!graham (Graham Glen)

> I will be glad to feed as many sites that require this,
> and will call your sites directly.

Do you really mean this? :-)

Graham
London, England

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 31 Oct 88 16:16:40 GMT
Subject: Re: Benchmarks and bug in inews.c
From: hoptoad!quaduk!graham (Graham Glen)

> I will be posting the source to the dhrystone suite in
> 3b.misc soon if no one objects.
>
>  AT&T 3B2/310 10 mhz in full multiuser mode (init 2) : 1041.7
>  System V 3.1, Compiler 3.1
>
>  AT&T 3B2/400 14 mhz in full multiuser mode (init 2) : 1666.7
>  System V 3.1, Compiler 3.1

I would be interested to know if there any plans to re-run the tests under
the 4.2 compiler.

If not, if someone could mail the sources to me (I don't currently receive
news), then I will do it.

This is purely for my own academic interest.

Graham