EIA/RAM combo card and 512K memory

Dave Arnold dave at arnold.UUCP
Mon Nov 14 03:00:47 AEST 1988

In article <234 at arnold.UUCP>, dave at arnold.UUCP (Dave Arnold) writes:
> In article <370 at uncle.UUCP> (John B. Milton) jbm at uncle.UUCP writes:
> >I know, I know everyone says you can't put it in because the Combo card
> >"covers up" all three slots.
>
> Let me get this straight....
>
> I can't buy a EIA/RAM combo card with 1.0meg on board and plug it into
> one of my two free slots?  One slot is occupied with a 512K board.

After reading John's article carefully, I understand what he meant by
"covers up" all three slots.  Stupid me.

So the answer to my question is:  Yes... You can have a EIA/RAM card
and 512K board in at the same time.  However, the most you can have
on the EIA/RAM is 1.0M, and put the 512K board in slot 2 (the third
slot).  So, might as well just put another 512K on the EIA, and take
out the 512K memory board.

ANYBODY HAVE A EIA/RAM COMBO BOARD THAT WORKS FOR SALE??  :-( :-(
I want one bad, but don't want to pay $800.
--
Dave Arnold (dave at arnold.UUCP)
Work: Volt Delta Resources     Phone: (714) 921-7635