Info-3b2 Digest, Number 21

Info-3b2 Mailing List info-3b2 at lamc
Tue Oct 4 03:12:09 AEST 1988

                           Info-3b2 Digest, Number 21

                           Saturday, October 1st 1988

Today's Topics:

                                    upgrading
                        Re:  Help needed booting 3B2/400
                         Re: Info-3b2 Digest, Number 20
                         Re: Help needed booting 3B2/400
                        Re:  Help needed booting 3B2/400
                                    New Info
                                   Please post
                            New WE 32200 VMEbus board
                         Re: Help needed booting 3B2/400
                         Re: Help needed booting 3b2/400

From: lll-tis!ames!mailrus!umix!neti2!neti1!cak (Carol Kamm)
Subject: upgrading
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 88 8:54:32 EDT

We are an Independent Developer of 3B2 software.  Our poor little 3B2-300
has never been upgraded to a 310, and is running Release 3.1 of System V.
Several of our customers, however, have release 3.1.1 and I'm now
hearing about 3.1.2, and even 3.2.1!

We have applied to AT&T's Vendor Involvement Program, hoping that some
support will be forthcoming from them, but in the meantime I thought I'd
ask this group for answers to my questions as well, so here goes.

How can we get an upgrade to the latest release of Unix, whether 3.1.1,
3.1.2, or 3.2.1?  Do we have to upgrade the 300 or not? (I suspect not,
although I'm sure performance would improve if we did.  Cost is definitely
a factor.)

Does anyone else out there have experience with the VIP group at AT&T,
and if so, was it useful at all?

Thanks in advance for any advice/assistance.

Carol Kamm
Product Manager
Marae Groupware, Inc.
1565 Eastover Place