3b1tools again

Muhammad S. Benten benten at tigger.colorado.edu
Mon Oct 31 17:20:19 AEST 1988

Hi netlanders,
             I appologize for this delay in posting the sources for
3b1tools.  It is now a much better program.  It supports closing (iconifying)
active windows. For example, if you start a program using 3b1tools,
you can suspend this program! and iconify the window by pressing CTRL-Z.
Closed active windows can be resumed by a mouse click or a special
resume function key.  This feature requires a hacked version of Ford's
CAPSCTRL3.51 loadable device driver. It is required to intercept the
CTRL-Z magic key.  I have been testing this version for a while and
it appears to be fine. I still do not have a decent man page for this
tool except for the old draft.  I will wait for a few days (may be a week)
befor I post the sources and the diffs to nkbd.c to unix.sources.misc,
unless there are other suggestions.
It should be an interesting program to see how ptrace(2) is put to
action and sort of does the job of BSD4.2+ stop signal.

Have a happy and save hello!  weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

   || Muhammad S. Benten                                                      |
   || Elect. & Comp. Eng. Dept.                                               |
   || University of Colorado, Boulder                                         |
   || email   ---->      benten at boulder.Colorado.EDU                          |
   ||        or        ..{ncar|nbires}!boulder!benten                         |