problem with (HDB) uucp

Andy Pitts andy at rbdc.UUCP
Sun Oct 23 17:59:41 AEST 1988

In article <137 at cjsa.WA.COM> jeff at cjsa.WA.COM (C. Jeffery Small) writes:
>We are running the HDB version of uucp and friends on our 3B1/UNIX-PC.  I
>just discovered a serious problem which I was hoping some of you (who also
>run this version of the software) could verify.
>
>[...]
>But the following command results in the uucp error message:
>
>	uucp  mach1!mach2!~uucp/M2  ~uucp/M2	# (pickup file from mach2)

I  have  not  tried this, but I have had other attempts to forward files
through an intermediate system fail.  The manual page for HDB warns that
file forwarding is not compatible with earlier  versions  of  uucp.   I
would  check  and  see  if  all the systems you are trying to access are
using HDB.  If not, you might try something really strange like:

uux mach1!uucp mach2!~uucp/M2 \(yoursys!~uucp/M2\)

Of course mach1 must allow your system to execute uucp in its Permissions
file.

--
Andy Pitts andy at rbdc.UUCP  : "The giant Gorf was hit in  one eye  by a stone,
bakerst!rbdc!andy          : and that eye  turned  inward  so  that it looked