EGA for an AT&T 6300 PC: recommendations please...

Glenn Jones gdj5t at krebs.acc.Virginia.EDU
Tue Oct 25 07:19:55 AEST 1988

I am considering upgrading an AT&T 6300 PC to EGA graphics.  I still
like the sharp resolution of text and B&W graphics on the 6300.

The 6300 came with ROM BIOS 1.43 and a P8 video board I believe.  I'm using
a Taxan 650 color monitor.

I would appreciate any advice and comments from others who have installed EGA
into the 6300.  Is text mode resolution still superior?  Any compatibility
problems?

The only EGA board I know of to supposedly work with an AT&T (compatible)
monitor is the STB MultiRes II.  Has anyone used this card?

A separate, but related issue:  Is anyone familiar with the "6300 BUSS
CORRECTION KIT" from W. ALLEN ASSOCIATES.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Glen Jones
U.Va. Biochem Dept., Box 440  >	UUCP: ...!uunet!virginia!gdj5t
Charlottesville, VA 22908     > BITNET: gdj5t at virginia.BITNET
(804) 924-2373		      >	CSNET: gdj5t at acc.virginia.edu