UNIXpc: Using DOS-73 Board with UNIX 3.51

Lenny Tropiano lenny at icus.islp.ny.us
Fri Oct 28 14:12:26 AEST 1988

In article <1988Oct25.191504.27122 at sq.uucp> steve at sq.com (Steve Hurrell) writes:

|>So first of all is the DOS-73 software, for 3.0, binary compatable with 3.51?
|>Anybody have this? Also if it's that easy I'm still not sure which pieces/
|>parts are the DOS-73 software? Can anybody look at the install script and help
|>me out there? Assuming that it's not compatible. How do I go about getting
|>the DOS-73 software I need?

I have no problem running the DOS-73 drivers under UNIX 3.51.  That's
the way it's been my entire system life.  The software I have is:

	DOS-73 System Diskette (3 disks)      VERSION 1.00
		(I don't even know if there is a more recent release?)
	DOS-73/610 Terminal Support (1 disk)  VERSION 1.0
	DOS-73 Diagnostics          (1 disk)  VERSION 1.00

It's working fine here.  Does anyone know if this once the one and only
version of this software?  If not, can I get it upgraded?  Not that
I admit to dabble in MSDOS either... :-)

|>Anyone got for sale a 8087 FPA for this turkey? soooo slooowwww....

I have the 8087 FPA installed on my DOS-73, I haven't done any number
crunching on it, but if anyone wants me to, let me know what benchmarks
to run (ie. send me something to test on it).   I think the "sloooowwwwness"
is because of the screen handling and the nature of the 8086...

-Lenny
--
Lenny Tropiano             ICUS Software Systems         [w] +1 (516) 582-5525
lenny at icus.islp.ny.us      Telex; 154232428 ICUS         [h] +1 (516) 968-8576