UNIXpc weirdo 99 pin bus connectors

Darren Friedlein darren at bacchus.UUCP
Thu Oct 20 12:18:30 AEST 1988

In article <367 at uncle.UUCP> jbm at uncle.UUCP (John B. Milton) writes:
>What did Convergent think they were doing when they put 99 pin connectors on
>the UNIXpc bus? Never mind that the rest of the entire civilized world is
>using a connector just like it with 96 pins (ever heard of Eurocard?). The
>96 pin connectors are used for VME, Multibus II, NuBus, etc. Lenny tells me
>on the long distance phone today that they have been discontinued by AMP. If
>you want one you have to pay like $30 a piece and wait a LONG time.
>John Bly Milton IV, jbm at uncle.UUCP, n8emr!uncle!jbm at osu-cis.cis.ohio-state.edu
>home (614) 294-4823, work (614) 764-4272;  Send vi tricks, I'm making a manual

OK - here's another question.  What's involved in building a card cage for
the UNIXpc if it was possible to get these connectors?  Could it be done
with like ribbon cable?  Since this machine IS based on a back-plane, this
would appear to be possible.  Any comments?

-darren
         ____
        /    \
       |                                 Rt 4, Box 416, Durham, NC 27703
  _____|_____     Darren G. Friedlein      data (bacchus) : 919/596-7746
 /     |     \                                      voice : 919/596-9492
 \____/    __/   {mcnc|icus|ditka|ethos|gladys|bakerst}!bacchus!darren