Update on Windows/286 2.1 with Bernoulli

Mike Ciaraldi ciaraldi at cs.rochester.edu
Mon Oct 17 07:37:18 AEST 1988

Thanks to everyone who answered my query about installing
Windows/286 2.1 on a Bernoulli Box.
(For those who came in late, the problem was that the INSTALL
program refused to recognize the Bernoulli as a hard disk).

Several people said that the idea of installing on a different
machine, then copying the files, would work.
One correspondent had done exactly that, with success.
The key is not accepting certain of the defaults
when Windows INSTALL asks you.

We were all set to try this Friday when Microsoft
called back and said they have an updated version  of 2.1
that works on the Bernoulli, and has some other
fixes besides (no details, sorry).
They will send a copy and we'll try that in another week or two when
it shows up.

Thanks again to everyone who helped.  We'll let you all know
how the new version works.

Mike Ciaraldi
...rutgers!rochester!ciaraldi
ciaraldi at cs.rochester.edu