Info-3b2 Digest, Number 28

Info-3b2 Mailing List info-3b2 at lamc
Sat Oct 22 05:01:29 AEST 1988

                           Info-3b2 Digest, Number 28

                           Friday, October 21st 1988

Today's Topics:

                               NFS for AT&T 3Bx's
                                  Mail headers
                         Re: Info-3b2 Digest, Number 26

Date: Thu, 20 Oct 88 09:15:22 CDT
From: lll-tis!ames!uwvax!shorty.cs.wisc.edu!sadler (Jon B. Sadler)
Subject: NFS for AT&T 3Bx's

I don't want to anounce a product that hasn't yet come out, but my sources
(which are QUITE reliable) say that AT&T will be coming out with NFS to run
on top of the WIN/3B TCP/IP product.  Just a note -- my sources also tell
me that the NFS port was NOT done by Wollongong.

This product will require SVR3.1 and WIN/3B.

As for trys to port, Lachman associates has ported this product -- and quite
well I may add.  They only sell to OEMs though -- guess you'll have to
wait for the AT&T product.

Jonathan Sadler
Computing Systems Lab (CSL)
University of Wisconsin - Madison