Could a 68881 Math co-processor go fast?; HwNote07

Thad P Floryan thad at cup.portal.com
Wed Oct 26 19:18:34 AEST 1988

Mike Ditto suggested trying one of the CSA 68020/68881 boards in the UNIXpc.

I just happen to have one here (when I replaced the 020/881 in one of my
Amigas with an 030), so I'll plug it into one of the "extra" UNIXpcs here
and see what happens!

Only see two problems:

1) the CSA daughterboard is tall, so will have to run with the UNIXpc's
   hood open, and

2a) HOW can I issue the MOVEC to enable the 020's cache? (since it's a
    privileged instruction)
2b) HOW to handle the stack frame differences upon interrupts?

Thad Floryan [thad at cup.portal.com (OR) ...!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!thad]