Wanted: AT&T 7300 power supply

Peter Fales psfales at ihlpb.ATT.COM
Sat Apr 1 00:52:56 AEST 1989

In article <1727 at leah.Albany.Edu>, wechsler at leah.Albany.Edu (Steve Wechsler) writes:

> A friend of mine has an AT&T 7300 pc with a dying/dead power supply (it
> only works when he turns the PC upside down, and it's then erratic at
> best).

This is a long shot, but you might try this:
After taking my 7300 apart a few times, I ended up with a system
that only worked with the cover off and failed with it closed.
It finally turned out that several of the solder joints had
failed where the connector to the ribbon cable is soldered to the power
supply.  After resoldering, everything worked fine.

If you are going to trash the supply anyway, it wouldn't hurt to re-solder
everything.  Your problem sounds like a mechanical interconnection
problem.

--
Peter Fales			AT&T, Room 5B-414
				2000 N. Naperville Rd.