UNIX-PC monitor problems

Michael C. Proicou mproicou at afit-ab.arpa
Thu Apr 6 12:49:37 AEST 1989

The monitor on my Unix-pc is getting very dim.  For about 2/3 of the range of
the brightness control the screen is totally dark.  Even with the brightness
turned up all the way, it is not as bright as it used to be.  It's getting
so bad that my machine is almost unreadable on sunny days.
I run my machine 24 hours, but the screen blanker turns off the monitor
after 5 minutes of inactivity.  Is this a contributing factor?
Has anyone else had this problem?  Is this something I can fix myself?
Is this a prelude to my monitor dying completely?  Any other advice?

Mike
--
Mike Proicou
mproicou at galaxy.afit.af.mil	<- Preferred(?) Form