TCP for the unix-pc

Tom Baas tom at lakesys.UUCP
Fri Apr 14 09:29:06 AEST 1989

In article <311 at heurikon.UUCP> dklann at heurikon.UUCP (David Klann) writes:
>In article <1892 at umbc3.UMBC.EDU> alex at wolf.umbc.edu.UUCP (Alex Crain) writes:
>>
>>			CALL FOR DISCUSSION
>>
>>		Topic: Serial line networking of unix-pc's.
>> [ generous discussion about implimentation of the network... ]
>>					:alex
>>Alex Crain
>
>I applaud your work (all of it).  I do not have two machines.  I don't
>even have an external modem (yet).  I do think that the most popular way
>to implement a network (hardware-wise) would be RS232.

>Just responding to show enthusiam!

>David Klann
>Heurikon Corporation

I do have a external modem that I can use and as a matter of fact have used
on /dev/tty000.  But it is of no advantage as it is 1200bps.
I do have another non-unix machine that I use as a terminal and occasionally
download data with.(I write a simple program on the non-unix machine which
writes ed commands to the unix-pc and copies data to a file that way.)  Is that
networking?

[just adding my comments]

Tom Baas
{uwcsd1,marque}!lakesys!tom  or {uwcsd1,marque}!lakesys!tbaas!tom