UUCP error message

Jonathan Bayer jbayer at ispi.UUCP
Fri Apr 7 22:21:50 AEST 1989

In article <89096.10:22:17.378274UH2 at PSUVM> UH2 at PSUVM.BITNET (Lee Sailer) writes:
>I am trying to set up a connection between a ATT 6300+ V.2.0 and a
>remote ATT 3B2.  The 6300+ is polling the 3B2.  The login succeeds,
>but then I get:
>
>Login successful: System=Bisnet1
>Handshake Failed:  REMOTE REJECT AFTER LOGIN

You logged in, but weren't in the Systems file, or there was a problem
with the Permissions file.  I also saw it when the remote uucico had a
problem.

>And more importantly, what books or manuals could you recommend so that
>I could look this up instead of publicly displaying my ignorance 8-).

Get the nutshell handbook "Managing UUCP and Usenet".  It is a
good book for beginners and advanced users alike.

JB
--
Jonathan Bayer			      Beware: The light at the end of the
Intelligent Software Products, Inc.	      tunnel may be an oncoming dragon