3b2/600 Wollogong woes...

Dennis Erwin Thurlow det at nsscb.UUCP
Sat Apr 29 09:23:25 AEST 1989

In article <2703 at cadre.dsl.PITTSBURGH.EDU> gray at med.pittsburgh.edu (Gray Watson) writes:
>We are disgusted with teh Wollogong TCP-IP we have for our 3B2's.  The
>newest version (2.1 I think) is so buggy it crawls around our machine
>room leaving a slimy trail.

Listen up, cause I'm only gonna' say this once!
I do network support for AT&T here at the hotline.
We KNOW TCP/IP 2.1 is buggy! That's why we have about
two dozen fixes for it in our database. We will continue to
uucp these fixes to 2.1 customers who ask for them even though
3.0 is now GA. I've never refused to send one of these fixes yet,
as no one has ever told ME that I can only send it
to a customer that has a support contract.

We're not going to rewrite sendmail for you, but if you call
we CAN help.
nsscb!det (just a little pissed off about all the bad press :-( )