announcement for the "Multiuser Journal"

Stephen J. Friedl friedl at vsi.COM
Wed Apr 19 15:51:46 AEST 1989

Howdy folks,

     The former "3B Journal" is now alive as the "Multiuser
Journal", and the change is more than just the name.  It will now
be a quarterly instead of (ahem) bimonthly, and the content will
be much more technical.  I hope to influence this latter point in
my post as the [unpaid] technical editor by writing stuff each
time and beating the net.bushes for good articles.

     The upcoming issue due soon will have an extensive article on
Dialup Passwords, including C code and shell scripts for programs
to maintain these on your machine, and the following likely to have
something related to fixing broken filesystems (say, if you break
your VTOC).

     It specifically will not be an AT&T rah-rah magazine, and
I think that those familiar with the past will be pleasantly
surprised by the new.

     Anyway, the following is The Official Pitch(tm) from the
publisher:

-------------------8<--- clip and save --->8----------------------

                      THE MULTI-USER JOURNAL

The MULTI-USER JOURNAL is a technical quarterly specifically for
professional and business entities utilizing the  UNIX operating
system.

Contents of the Multi-User Journal includes operating notes and
tips, hardware and software integration articles, feature
articles, shell scripts and much more designed to support the end
users and integrators of Unix computers.  Our goal is to give
basic hands-on support.  All this information can be yours for:

RATES:           U.S. (surface mail) - $32/yr (Special - $25 until 4/30)
                 Canada (surface mail) - $39/yr
                 Foreign  (air mail)   - $89/yr

Single or back issues may be purchased upon availability at $9
apiece.  Complimentary issues are not available, but single
issues may be purchased with a satisfaction guarantee. If you
wish to subscribe and/or order back issues using MasterCard,
VISA, or American Express you may call  (206) 868-0913. If you
are sending a personal check or Purchase Order please mail to:

               OWENS-LAING PUBLICATIONS, LTD.
                   THE MULTI-USER JOURNAL
                        P.O. BOX 2409
                   REDMOND, WA  98073-2409

Just one tip, utilized from this journal could easily pay for the
year's subscription! Money back guarantee if not satisfied!

     If anybody has any questions on this, or if you wish to
comment on the appropriateness of this announcement, please do
send me mail.

     Steve "News Flash" Friedl :-)

--
Stephen J. Friedl / V-Systems, Inc. / Santa Ana, CA / +1 714 545 6442
3B2-kind-of-guy   / friedl at vsi.com  / {attmail, uunet, etc}!vsi!friedl

"I'm making a fashion statement: I'm saying I don't know how to dress." - me