TZ change needed

Bob Ames bob at rush.howp.com
Thu Apr 20 09:51:38 AEST 1989

I've tried the recently posted sendmail/smail binaries under HDB, 3.51a.

The problem is that my mail usually uses Eastern Time instead of
Pacific Time [Where the Unixpc was made! |-)].

$ mail
just gives me eastern time on the generated letter.

I seem to recall something about a year ago pertaining to cron/smgr not
exporting TZ to cron-spawned jobs.  Anyone remember this or know how/if
it pertains to my problem?

Bob

Bob Ames  The National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws, NORML
"Pot is the world's best source of complete protein, alcohol fuel, and paper,
is the best fire de-erosion seed, and is america's largest cash crop," USDA
bob at rush.cts.com or ncr-sd!rush!bob at nosc.mil or rutgers!ucsd!ncr-sd!rush!bob
619-743-2546 "We each pay a fabulous price for our visions of paradise," Rush