Lil Nelson is leaving :(

S.MIKES smikes at hound.UUCP
Fri Apr 28 13:24:18 AEST 1989

In article <521 at uncle.UUCP>, jbm at uncle.UUCP (John B. Milton) writes:
> I guess the old 7300 really is finally dead. Hmm, it doesn't FEEL dead.
John,

It isn't dead yet.  The 7300 was originally a joint development between
AT&T and Convergent Technologies.  Not only does Convergent still support
this machine, but manuals and parts (spare and upgrades) are also
available through Convergent's authorized outlets.  Somewhere I have the
name of their east coast VAR which deals with the UNIX PC 7300, I'll see
if I can dig it up.  Also, for any of you who are internal to AT&T, there
is still quite a lot of support for the PC 7300 in MT, a group called
DPTG - Distributed Programming Tools Group.  I also seem to remember
a few people in LZ that are still actively working on the UNIX kernel
and other pieces of the operating system for the 7300; last I remember it
was up to 3.5.6.d.

I will post a follow up article to name the Convergent sources of support.
Hope this doesn't get me into any hot water with AT&T, it's just that I
think the 3b1 is a GREAT UNIX machine, I wish it had done better in the
marketplace and I hate to see it die.

Steve
{...}hound!smikes