nroff and printers on 3b1

Dr. Arthur Wouk wouk at smoke.BRL.MIL
Mon Apr 3 08:08:26 AEST 1989

i have just gotten an epson lq850 to attach to my 3b1. i find that i
can install it as an epson fx through the user agent, and use it. if
i try to use it through nroff, i am faced with the limited definitions
of printers available to nroff. i have used it as

	nroff -Tlp <fname>|lp

successfully. however, this leaves me unable to use all the features
of the epson from nroff. is there an alternative approach which will
permit me to pass epson signals to the epson? where should i look for
such drivers, and how can i install them so as to use them from unix,
not from UA? are there any discussions of this question in the files?
if so, where should i look?