Unix-PC site list and statistics for 1988 and 1989

dave munroe dave at safari.UUCP
Sat Apr 29 20:57:25 AEST 1989

Greetings,

Here is the latest list of sites receiving the unix-pc.* newsgroups as of
April 29, 1989.  The format used here will allow you to grep for specific
items.  In addition, statistics for 1988 and 1989 are given at the end
of this list.

I apologize in advance for any inaccuracies.  Depending on the amount of
corrections or updating required, small-sized updates to this list will be
posted as needed during the next few months.

Each site has an entry in the format show below.  Not all of the lines below
are required.  As a minimum, I would suggest providing at least the uucp
information (the first five lines: #na, #ac, #uu, #fe,  #cp).

#na	name of site
#ac	area code, city, state
#uu	main uucp connections to this site
#fe	ability to feed other sites
#cp	contact person's name (and site!person specification)
#or	organization's name or affiliation
#in	professional area of interest or expertise
#mo	machine model designation
#hd	size of hard disk
#mm	main memory size (motherboard + any expansion memory)
#ec	types of expansion cards
#os	operating system software and version
#sw	other software
#rm	remarks
#ed	edit/entry date

A few comments:

- the machine represented by #na need not be a Unix PC.  If your system
  is a 3B2 and you're getting the unix-pc newsgroups, the you have no
  choice but to enter the sitename in #na and put "3B2" in #mo.  However,
  in the situation where you have a Unix PC which is not on the net, but
  is otherwise getting linked to some other system, then enter the Unix PC's
  sitename in #na and put the name of the other system in #uu.

- for the sites in #uu, it is understood that they are the main
  connections to the site in #na.  For example:

	#na	safari
	#uu	pacbell, tektronix!reed!qiclab

  implies: pacbell!safari, and tektronix!reed!qiclab!safari

							-dave

		Unix PC sites (as of Apr. 29, 1989)

#na	amanpt1
#ac	401 Middletown, RI
#uu	galaxia
#fe	yes
#cp	Mark Rinfret (amanpt1!mrr)

#na	amanue
#ac	412 Grindstone, PA
#cp	Jim Rosenberg (amanue!jr)

#na	arakis
#ac	416, Toronto, Ontario
#uu	uunet!attcan!nebulus uunet!attcan att!attcan utzoo!attcan
#fe	no
#cp	Hans Jespersen arakis!hans
#or	Personal machine, AT&T Canada Inc. employee
#in	Technical Consultant, Data Systems Group
#mo	3B1
#hd	67 MB
#mm	2 MB
#ec	DOS-73
#os	UNIX 3.51 + development set
#sw	news, Wordstar 2000, SVS Pascal, conquer
#rm	site valid until May (back to University of Waterloo)
#ed	Jan. 27, 1989

#na	ariel
#ac	201 Middletown, NJ
#cp	Ron Mangione (oberon!ram)

#na	arnold
#ac	714, Mission Viejo, Ca
#uu	ccicpg
#fe	South Orange County area
#cp	Dave Arnold (arnold!dave)
#or	Private
#in	Systems programming, Communications
#mo	7300
#hd	40
#mm	.5 + .5
#ec	.5 ram
#os	3.5 + development set
#sw	anything posted to comp.sources.* since Oct '87
#ed	1988 jan 20

#na	atrium
#ac	512 San Antonio, Tx
#uu	gatech!petro
#cp	Joseph Gomez (atrium!sysop)

#na	bacchus
#ac	919 Durham, NC
#uu	mcnc, ethos, bakerst, gladys, icus
#fe	local & if polled
#cp	Darren Friedlein (bacchus!darren)
#or	Humanities Forum - R.T.P. BBS & personal use
#mo	7300 upgraded
#hd	67
#mm	1+1.5
#ec	EIA port board & EIA port board/1.5M
#os	3.5.1.4 OS and Dev Set
#sw	mailx, elm, nethack, kermit, rn, UNaXcess, uEMACS, smail, HDB, etc...
#
#rm	PCPursuitable.  Will feed unix-pc.* newsgroups and mail.  Must be
#rm	polled if not local.
#rm	I run a BBS (Humanities Forum - RTP) that shares a message base with
#rm	Humanities Forum in TN (ethos).  Can be reached at 919/596-7746.
#
#ed	Sun Jan 24 00:14:58 EST 1988

#na	bakerst
#ac	919, Winston-Salem, NC
#uu	att, ethos, pacbell, gladys
#fe	yes (local or calling)
#cp	Kathy Vincent (bakerst!kathy)
#mo	UNIX PC Model 3B1
#ed	Mon Feb 13 15:33:00 EST 1989

#na	balrog
#ac	603 Brookline, NH
#uu	ethos
#fe	yes
#cp	Gary Grebus (balrog!glg)

#na	barak
#ac	201 Highland Park, NJ
#uu	mtune
#cp	David Berk (barak!dab)

#na	becker
#ac	416, Toronto, Ontario
#uu	geac, mnetor, lsuc, ziebmef
#fe	local (for unix-pc groups only)
#cp	Bruce Becker (bdb at becker.UUCP)
#or	G.T.S.
#mo	AT&T 3B1
#hd	67 mb
#mm	2 mb
#ec
#os	CTIX 3.51
#sw	News, etc.
#rm	Nice day, eh?
#ed	Sun Jan 29 13:53:15 EST 1989

#na	bergy
#ac	714, Mission Viejo, CA
#uu	arnold, spsd, attmail
#fe	no
#cp	Rich Bergstedt (bergy!rich)
#or	AT&T Data Systems Group
#in	System Engineering & Software
#mo	3B1
#hd	40 MB
#mm	2 MB
#os	3.5
#sw	Crystal Writer, Informix, Microsoft Multiplan, news
#rm	I am an enthusiastic user of the Unix PC!!
#ed	February 23, 1989

#na	bilanc
#ac	303 Denver, CO
#uu	ethos
#cp	Richard Bilancia (bilanc)

#na	blob
#ac	312, Chicago, IL
#uu	uunet
#fe	no
#cp	John Howard (blob!jsh)
#or	Private
#in	graphics, C, typesetting
#mo	3B1
#hd	67
#mm	2
#ec	DOS-73
#os	3.51 and Development Set
#sw	Kyoto Common Lisp, elm
#ed	Sat Jan 28 10:41:13 CST 1989

#na	booboo
#ac	303 Westminster, CO
#uu	att, ihop3, druco
#fe	local certainly, 1200 baud
#cp	Steven G. Spearman, booboo!spear
#in	Voice mail, UNIX, C
#mo	7300
#hd	40 meg
#mm	2.5 meg
#ec	2 meg memory
#os	Unix 3.50
#rm	Has Denver metro phone number

#na	bsdpkh
#ac	305 Altamonte Springs, FL
#cp	Paul Heffner (bsdpkh!heffner)

#na	burl
#ac	919 Burlington, NC
#cp	Curtis Jackson (burl!rcj)

#na	bu-cs
#ac	617 Boston, MA
#uu	harvard, mit-eddie
#fe	yes
#cp	Len Tower (bu-cs!tower)
#or	Boston University
#mo	Sun 3/160
#os	Sun UNIX 4.2 Release 3.4
#rm	BU Comp. Sci. Undergrad. Lab. has several 3b1's.
#ed	Wed Jan 27 15:12:34 1988

#na	caelum
#ac	201 Middletown, NJ
#cp	Ron Mangione (oberon!ram)

#na	cals01
#ac	401, Portsmouth, RI
#uu	galaxia
#fe	I am willing and able to forward via local calls
#cp	Charles A. Sefranek (cals01!cals)
#or	My own personal system
#in	Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, learning UNIX and C
#mo	3b1
#hd	67 MB
#mm	2 Meg (motherboard)
#ec	None (yet)
#os	3.51a + development set
#sw	sendmail, elm, news 2.11, rn, Smart Software (WP, SS, and DBM)
#rm	cals at cals01.NEWPORT.RI.US
#ed	Sat Jan 28 12:25:41 EST 1989

#na	cbosgd
#ac	614 Columbus, OH
#fe	yes
#cp	Mark Horton (cbosgd!mark)

#na	cctb.mn.org
#ac	612 St. Paul, MN
#uu	bungia umn-cs
#fe	1200 baud restricted local feeds
#cp	Randy Orrison (randy at cctb.mn.org)
#mo	Unix-pc 7300
#hd	40Meg Wren, + 10Meg soon!
#mm	.5 + .5
#ec	.5Meg RAM
#os	3.51
#sw	elm, smail, MicroEmacs, sc, shcc, et.al.
#rm	This is all subject to change in the next couple months
#ed	Friday, January 27, 1989

#na	cgh
#ac	215, Radnor, PA
#uu	vu-vlsi, cbmvax
#fe	yes
#cp	Paul Homchick (chg!paul)
#or	Chimitt Gilman Homchick, Inc.
#in	Manufacturing Systems Consultant; Sysop, GEnie IBMPC Roundtable
#mo	AT&T 3B1
#hd	67 Meg
#mm	3.5 Meg
#ec	Tape Backup, EIA/Combo
#os	System V, Rel 1 Unix-PC version 3.51 no fix disks
#ed	Jan 29, 1989 13:35 EST

#na	chinet
#ac	312 Chicago, IL
#fe	yes
#cp	Randy Suess (chinet!randy)

#na	chutepc
#ac	617 Boston, MA
#uu	ethos
#fe	yes
#cp	Chris Chute (chutepc!chute)

#na	cjsa
#ac	206, Woodinville, WA
#uu	nwnexus, uw-warp, swlabs
#cp	Jeffery Small (cjsa!jeff)
#or	C. Jeffery Small and Associates
#mo	3B1
#hd	67
#mm	2
#ec	(2) RS232
#os	3.51a
#ed	01-27-89

#na	clyde
#ac	201 Whippany, NJ
#uu	cbosgd, akgua, watmath
#cp	Larry Auton (clyde!lda)

#na	cmpfen
#ac	407, Lake Monroe, Florida
#uu	peora
#fe	yes
#cp	Bob Breum (cmpfen!postmaster)
#or	Computer Fenestrations
#in	Publisher of software for personal computers, especially Atari ST
#mo	3B1
#hd	40MB
#mm	4MB
#os	3.5
#sw	3.5 UNIX Utilities
#rm	Local phone service to Orlando/Winter Park,Seminole C'nty,Debary/Deltona
#ed	Wed Feb  8 20:36:58 EST 1989

#na	codas
#ac	305 Altamonte Springs, FL
#cp	Mikel Manitius (codas!mikel)

#na	cogent
#ac	209 Stockton, CA
#fe	yes
#cp	Mark Jeghers (cogent!mark)

#na	comdim
#ac	415, San Francisco, California
#uu	pacbell
#fe	local
#cp	Gregg Stratton (comdim!gregg)
#or	Computer Dimensions
#in	applications programming and systems analysis
#mo	3B1
#hd	67
#mm	.5 + .5
#ec	.5MB RAM card and 73-DOS card
#os	3.5 + development set
#sw	mailx, uEmacs, GNU Emacs, kermit, Multiplan, Smart System
#ed	1988 jan 16

#na	conrad
#ac	318, Shreveport, LA
#uu	petro, manta
#fe	not at present
#cp	Steven A. Conrad (conrad!sac), voice +1 318 635 4916
#or	Lousisiana State University Medical Center (home system)
#in	Critical Care Medicine, Cardiopulmonary Physiology
#mo	3B1
#hd	67MB
#mm	2MB
#os	3.51 + Development set
#sw	Gnu Emacs, smail, mush, troff, kermit
#ed	Fri Jan 27 10:27:57 CST 1989

#na	cpsc6a
#ac	415 Oakland, CA
#cp	Paul Olson (cpsc6a!peo)

#na	cvpath
#ac	801, Lindon, Utah
#uu	mtune, beaker
#fe	local and pcpursuit cities
#cp	Paul Urie (cvpath!paul)
#in	cardiovascular pathology
#mo	3B1
#hd	67
#mm	2 + 1.5
#ec	1.5MB Combo Card
#os	3.5 + development set
#ed	1988 Feb 2

#na	dalcso
#ac	214 Dallas, TX
#cp	Ron Taylor (dalcso!ron)

#na	ddsw1
#ac	312, Mundelein, IL
#uu	spl1 gargoyle
#fe	yes
#cp	Karl S. Denninger (ddsw1!karl), voice +1 312 566 8910
#or	Macro Computer Solutions, Inc.
#in	ISV/VAR
#mo	AT/386 compatible
#hd	110M total online
#mm	3.6M available RAM
#ec	Multiport board, others.
#os	SCO Xenix V2.2.1
#sw	Usenet, many others
#rm	We feed 'alt', 'pubnet', 'unix-pc', and 'co' on request
#ed	Sun Jan 24 19:12:25 CST 1988

#na	denwa
#ac	213, Los Angeles, CA
#uu	ucla-an, zygot, hodge, crash!pbisd
#fe	yes
#cp	Jim Gottlieb (denwa!jimmy)
#or	Info Connections
#in	Telecommunications
#mo	3B1
#hd	67
#mm	2
#ec	None
#os	3.51a
#sw	smail3, BACS Accounting, Microsoft Word, Smart Software 3.1
#rm	machine used for fun and business
#ed	Fri Jan 27 23:43:11 PST 1989

#na	ditka
#ac	505, Los Alamos, NM
#uu	att, mcdchg, netsys, nfsun, pacbell, rayssd, royko, rpp386, rt1, zinn
#fe	yes
#cp	Karl Swartz (ditka!kls)
#in	compilers, communications, parallel processing
#mo	3B1
#hd	67MB
#mm	2.0 (+ 1.5 soon)
#ec	tape, combo
#os	3.51c
#sw	uemacs, elm 1.7, news 2.11.8, HDB, smail 2.5, sendmail
#rm	TrailBlazer Plus, connections welcomed
#rm	home when I'm not on royko (mail forwarded as needed)
#rm	moving to San Jose area summer 1989
#ed	Sun Jan 29  2:12:00 MST 1989

#na	dmk3b1
#ac	203, Branford, Connecticut
#uu	uunet, mfci
#fe	local or polled, Trailblazers preferred
#cp	David Keaton (dmk3b1!dmk)
#or	David Keaton (individual)
#in	theoretical computer science, systems software, computer architecture
#mo	3B1
#hd	67
#mm	2
#ec	tape backup, DOS-73
#os	3.5 + development set
#sw	uEmacs, Small C cross compilers
#rm	Gets most newsgroups;  spool space and phone time are getting tight.
#ed	1988 Jan 30

#na	dms3b1
#ac	817, Bedford, TX
#uu	killer!gtmvax
#fe	may be able to provide limited off-hours feed to Tarrant County
#cp	Dave Hanna (dms3b1!dave)
#or	Infotouch Systems, Inc.
#in	micros, voice response technology, software engineering
#mo	3b1
#hd	67M
#mm	2M
#ec	none
#os	3.51a
#sw	news, rn
#ed	dms3b1!dave (Dave Hanna); Sat Feb 11 17:53:48 CST 1989

#na	dplace
#ac	415, Livermore, Ca.
#uu	pacbell
#fe	yes
#cp	Dave Lampe (dplace!djl)
#mo	3B1
#hd	160Meg
#mm	2Meg
#os	3.51
#rm	I can feed if you have a Trailblazer and are a local call
#rm	or are willing to poll. I get all news groups except biz.*
#rm	and bionet.*

#na	dsinc
#ac	215 Huntingdon Valley, PA
#uu	allegra, bellcore, bpa, vu-vlsi
#cp	Sydney S. Weinstein (dsinc!syd)
#or	Datacomp Systems, Inc.

#na	dukeac
#ac	919 Durham, NC
#uu	ethos
#cp	Bennett Todd (dukeac!bet)

#na	dukempd
#ac	919 Durham, NC
#uu	ethos
#fe	no
#cp	Cyrus Rahman (dukempd!cr)

#na	ecijmm
#ac	416 Pickering (Toronto), Ontario
#uu	lsuc, ecicrl
#fe	yes
#cp	John Macdonald (ecijmm!jmm)
#or	Elegant Communications Inc.
#in	systems software
#mo	3b1
#hd	67M
#mm	main memory size (motherboard + any expansion memory)
#os	3.5.1.4
#sw	development, perl, news, lots I haven't unpacked yet
#ed	Fri Jan 27, 1989

#na	emory
#ac	404 Atlanta, GA
#cp	Ken Mandelberg (emory!km)

#na	ethos
#ac	615 Gray, TN
#uu	mtune, mcnc
#fe	yes
#cp	Gary Smith (ethos!gary)

#na	flatline
#ac	713,Houston,Tx
#uu	texbell,sugar,splut,uhnix1,nuchat,moray
#fe	limited
#cp	J. Eric Townsend,(flatline!erict)
#or	private
#in	word processing,computer aided instruction,usenet
#mo	3b1
#hd	67Mb
#mm	3.5Mb
#ec	DOS-73,EIA/RAM Combo
#os	Unix 3.0
#sw	Smart System,RM Cobol,VDI Libraries,et al
#rm	private system -- for homework in programming classes, usenet,
#rm	and writing
#ed	Fri Jan 27, 01:39 1989

#na	fthood
#ac	817 Fort Hood, TX
#fe	no
#cp	Emmet Gray (fthood!egray)

#na	galaxia
#ac	401, Portsmouth, Rhode Island
#uu	rayssd
#fe	I can make local calls and maybe further if you have 2400 baud
#cp	Dave Brierley (galaxia!dave)
#or	I bought it, it's mine.
#in	systems programming, operating systems research
#mo	7300
#hd	20 (soon to be more)
#mm	1 meg (soon to be more)
#ec	none yet
#os	3.51 + development set
#sw	elm, sendmail (plus much more after I get my new disk)
#rm	galaxia is the news/mail gateway for about a dozen local machines
#ed	15 Jan 1988

#na	george
#ac	214, Dallas, TX
#uu	ntvax, emory
#cp	Tom Jacob (george!jacob)
#ed	Fri Jan 22 16:41:14 EST 1988

#na	gethen
#ac	(415)655-4999
#uu	ucbvax!unisoft, lll-winken.llnl.gov, hoptoad!unisoft
#fe	local
#cp	Mike Farren (gethen!farren)
#or	None
#in	programming, public-access systems
#mo	3b1
#hd	67
#mm	2
#ec	none
#os	System V version 3.51
#sw	uemacs, 2.11B news, various games, mg (buggy)
#rm	news feed for several systems, unix-pc especially
#ed	1988 Jan 17

#na	ghengis
#ac	805 Oxnard, CA
#uu	kosman
#fe	yes
#cp	Kevin O'Gorman (kosman!kevin)
#or	Vital Computer Systems
#mo	7300 (with upgrades)
#hd	80MB
#mm	2.5
#ec	RAM (2.0) + EIA
#os	UNIX3.51.8588 kernel + 3.51 Foundation + 3.51 Development Set
#sw	mush smail Progress MSWord MSMultiplan emacs <games>
#rm	Have lots of other software, and am eager to spread it around.
#rm	This machine sometimes trades places with kosman, but I keep
#rm	kosman as the externally visible site name.
#ed	27 Jan 1989

#na	gizzmo
#ac	315 Walworth, NY
#fe	yes
#cp	Mark Hilliard (gizzmo!mark)

#na	gladys
#ac	919 Winston-Salem, NC
#uu	bacchus, bakerst, canth, kd4nc, mtune, pacbell, pacbell, rbdc, skeeve
#fe	Yes, with PC Pursuit
#cp	David Dalton (gladys!david)
#sw 	Unaxcess (enhanced for networking)

#na	glimmer
#ac	201 Holmdel, NJ
#fe	yes
#cp	Tim Thompson (glimmer!tjt)

#na	gnosys
#ac	617, Somerville, Massachusetts
#uu	spdcc, ima, amcad, wjh12, icus
#fe	local
#cp	Gary S. Trujillo (gnosys!gst)
#in	systems / applications programming , UNIX instruction
#mo	3B1
#hd	67
#mm	2 + 1
#ec	DOS-73 coprocessor
#os	3.51 + development set
#sw	Multiplan, ELM, news2.11, rn, various utilities
#ed	1989 feb 4

#na	godfre
#ac	212 New York, NY
#fe	no
#cp	Richard Van Deren (godfre!vanderen)

#na	gonzo
#ac	El Cerrito, CA
#cp	Dave Brower (gonzo!daveb)

#na	gwspc
#ac	614, Columbus, Ohio
#uu	cbosgd, cbcsta, n8emr
#fe	at&t sites only, must be on datakit
#cp	Gary Sanders (gwspc!gws)
#or	AT&T Bell Labs
#mo	7300  upgraded
#hd	67
#mm	1+1.5
#ec	combo eia,dos
#os	3.5 os and utils ( soon to be 3.51)
#ed	Fri Jan 15 10:56:06 EST 1988

#na	hcfeams
#ac	312 Chicago, IL
#cp	Samuel Spitzner (hcfeams!sks)

#na	ho2cad
#ac	201 Holmdel, NJ
#fe	yes
#cp	Eric Bustad (ho2cad!news)

#na	ho3cad
#ac	201 Holmdel, NJ
#fe	yes
#cp	Eric Bustad (ho3cad!news)

#na	hrcca
#ac	312 Lisle, IL
#fe	yes
#cp	Tom Chapin (hrcca!tjc)

#na	hropus
#ac	201 Holmdel, NJ
#fe	yes
#cp	Edmond Gong (hropus!gong)

#na	hsi
#ac	203 New Haven, CT
#uu	uunet
#fe	We are able to feed other sites who'll pay for the phone call.
#cp	Richard Stevens (hsi!stevens)
#or	Health Systems International, New Haven, CT
#ed	1988 Jan 22

#na	icus, icus.islp.ny.us
#ac	516, Islip, New York
#uu	talcott, hombre, sbcs, pacbell, decuac, boulder, attmail
#fe	no
#cp	Lenny Tropiano (...icus!lenny, lenny at icus.islp.ny.us)
#or	ICUS Software Systems, Islip, NY
#in	UNIX System internals
#mo	3B1
#hd	67MB & 40MB external hard drive = 107MB
#mm	3.5MB (2MB + 1.5MB)
#ec	Voice Power, Floppy Tape, DOS-73 coprocessor, EIA/RAM Combo
#os	Release 3.51c + Development Set
#sw	elm2.1, HDB MT-5.4, Paint_Power, Voice Power tools, News 2.11.14, rn
#rm	Telebit Trailblazer, PC Pursuit polling, Receive *ALL* newsgroups
#ed	Sat Jan 28 01:19:43 EST 1989

#na	ides
#cp	Doug Wait (abfli!doug)

#na	ihail
#ac	312 Naperville, IL
#cp	S.R.Venkatramanan (ihail!raven)

#na	ihchk
#ac	312 Naperville, IL
#cp	S.R.Venkatramanan (ihchk)

#na	ihlpl
#ac	312 Naperville, IL
#cp	S.R.Venkatramanan (ihlpl)

#na	ihop3
#ac	312 Naperville, IL
#uu	ihtlt
#mo	7300
#hd	40 meg
#mm	2.0 meg
#cp	Marc Weinstein (ihop3!mhw)
#os	Unix 3.50
#ed	March 14, 1988

#na	ihreza
#ac	312 Naperville, IL
#cp	Reza Zarafshar (ihreza!reza0)

#na	ihrfs
#ac	312 Naperville, IL
#cp	Reza Zarafshar (ihrfs)

#na	ihsaba
#ac	312 Naperville, IL
#cp	Bruce Sabalaskey (ihsaba!saba)

#na	ihtlt
#ac	312 Naperville, IL
#cp	Terry Todd (ihtlt!tlt)

#na	ihtnt
#ac	312 Naperville, IL
#cp	Terry Todd (ihtnt)

#na	ihwpt
#ac	312 Naperville, IL
#cp	Terry Todd (ihwpt)

#na	il_cmv
#ac	312 Naperville, IL
#cp	Craig Votava (il_cmv!cmv)

#na	islenet
#ac	Honolulu, Hawaii
#uu	dual, vortex
#cp	Richard Foulk (islenet!richard)

#na	jay
#ac	312 Evanston, IL
#cp	Mark Mahowald (jay!mark)

#na	jhereg
#ac	612, St. Paul, MN
#uu	bungia, src.honeywell.com, 3m.com, shamash.cdc.com, axion
#fe	yes
#cp	Mark H. Colburn (jhereg!mark)
#or	Minnetech Consulting, Inc.
#in	UNIX/C/MS-DOS consulting
#mo	AT&T 3b1 (P5.1 Upgrade)
#hd	67M
#mm	2.0M + 1.5M
#ec	EIA Ram Combo Board
#os	3.51 with 3.51c Kernel
#sw	News, Modula 2, gcc-1.32, pax, sar, other toys
#ed	Sat Jan 28 09:51:49 CST 1989

#na	jonlab
#ac	(609) Princeton, NJ
#uu	att, ulysses, princeton, mccc
#fe	no
#cp	Jon LaBadie (jonlab!jon)
#or	Cincinnati Bell Information Systems
#in	UNIX directions, Education
#mo	3B1
#hd	67 Mbyte
#mm	2 Mbyte
#ec	DOS-73, Mag Tape
#os	3.51
#sw	Smart, HDB, mailx, smail,
#ed	June 26, 1988

#na	killer
#ac	214 Dallas, TX
#cp	Charlie Boykin (killer!root)

#na	kimbal
#ac	407 Altamonte Springs, FL
#uu	flnexus, rtmvax, fabscal, pcsi
#fe	local & polled (by you)
#cp	Rick Kimball (kimbal!rick)
#or	Personal use & anon uucp
#in	public domain 'C' source for Mac & UNIX
#mo	3B1
#hd	67M
#mm	2M
#ec	EIA combo board/1.5M
#os	3.5.1 OS and Dev Set
#sw	news, smail, pbm, gcc, zoo, etc...
#rm	For anonymous UUCP:
#rm		Add to your (Systems | L.sys)
#rm			kimbal Any ACU 2400 862-6214 in:--in: anon rd: doruroo
#rm		then type:
#rm			uucp kimbal!~anon/howto.snag !~/fromkimbal/howto.snag
#rm			uucp kimbal!~anon/directory !~/fromkimbal/directory
#ed	Sat Jan 28 04:54:46 EST 1989

#na	kitty
#ac	716 Buffalo, NY
#uu	ethos
#fe	yes
#cp	Larry Lippman (kitty!larry)

#na	kmpc
#ac	404, Atlanta, GA
#uu	emory
#cp	Ken Mandelberg (emory!kmpc!km)
#or	Ken Mandelberg's Home System
#ed	Fri Jan 22 16:31:41 EST 1988

#na	kodak
#ac	716 Rochester, NY
#fe	no
#cp	Steve Archer (kodak!archer)

#na	kosman
#ac	805 Oxnard, CA
#uu	srhqla ihtlt
#fe	yes
#cp	Kevin O'Gorman (kosman!kevin)
#or	Vital Computer Systems
#mo	3b1
#hd	67MB
#mm	2.5
#ec	Combo(.5) + Tape Backup + DOS
#os	UNIX3.51.8588 kernel + 3.51 Foundation + 3.51 Development Set
#sw	mush smail Progress MSWord MSMultiplan emacs <games>
#rm	Have lots of other software, and am eager to spread it around.
#ed	27 Jan 1989

#na	krypton
#ac	201, Middletown, NJ
#uu	twitch
#fe	yes
#cp	Clark Woodworth
#or	Private
#mo	3b1
#hd	67 meg
#mm	2 meg
#ed	February 12, 1989

#na	lazlo
#ac	716, Rochester, NY
#uu	galaxia gizzmo hilton sabin swamps
#fe	Yes, If they Poll me or are local
#cp	lazlo!ccs
#or	The Steam Tunnel
#in	Software development
#mo	3b1
#hd	40 Meg
#mm	2 Meg
#ec	Dual EIA
#os	Unix-PC version 3.51
#sw	Unix Utilities
#ed	1/28/89

#na	limbic
#ac	516 Bay Shore, NY
#uu	icus
#fe	not currently
#cp	Gil Kloepfer, Jr  (limbic!gil)
#or	ICUS Software Systems
#in	Hardware/software development
#mo	UNIX-pc 3B1
#hd	40MB * 2
#mm	2MB+.5MB
#ec	combo board, custom breadboarding board, P5.1+ motherboard expansion
#os	SysV 3.51c
#rm	Machine will be moving in aproximately 2-4 months
#ed	Tue Jan 31 02:32:38 EST 1989

#na	ll1
#ac	312 Lisle, IL
#cp	Dick Collins (ll1)

#na	lll-winken
#ac	415 Livermore, CA
#uu	uunet
#fe	yes
#cp	Joe Carlson (lll-winken!carlson, carlson at lll-winken.llnl.gov)

#na	loci
#ac	214 Richardson, TX
#uu	killer
#fe	no
#cp	Charles Brunow (loci!clb)
#or	Loci Software  (educational software for MS-DOS market)
#in	astronomic, navigation, graphics software; sat tracking. simulation.
#mo	PC7300
#hd	20 M
#mm	500 k
#ec	dos-73
#os	unix sysV, vers 2.0, 3.0; ua deleted (with malice)
#sw	unix development system, MS-DOS c development system
#sw	"Loci StarDB", stellar database w/ intergrated sky mapper (7300|HGA)
#rm	epson lx-86; fixRTC, mac73
#ed	JD 2447185.407234

#na	lokkur
#ac	313, Dexter, MI
#uu	umix oxtrap m-net dwon janus shade
#cp	Steve Simmons (lokkur!scs)
#or	Inland Sea Software, Ltd.
#in	UNIX training, consulting, and administration services
#mo	7300
#hd	20
#mm	.5 + .5
#ec	.5Mb
#os	3.51+dev set
#sw	smail/pathalias
#rm	Just another little unix box...
#ed	Wed Jan 20 21:05:57 EST 1988

#na	ltuxa
#ac	214 Richardson, TX
#uu	ethos

#na	manta.pha.pa.us
#ac	215 Philadelphia PA
#uu	bpa!manta, drexel!manta
#fe	yes
#cp	Brant Cheikes (brant at manta.pha.pa.us)
#mo	3b1
#hd	67 Mb
#mm	2 Mb + 2 Mb
#os	UNIXpc UNIX 3.51
#ed	Thu Jan 26 15:20:33 EST 1989

#na	mccc
#ac	201, Trenton, NJ
#uu	pruxa!princeton
#cp	pjh (mccc!pjh)
#or	Mercer County Community College
#mo	3B2/400
#
#rm	We have 24 7300s, 16 of which are being used as dumb terminals
#rm	to a 3B2/400

#na	mcdchg
#ac	312 Schaumburg, IL
#uu	ethos
#fe	yes
#cp	Ron Heiby (mcdchg!heiby)

#na	mkvpc
#ac	919, Winston-Salem, NC
#uu	rbdc
#fe	no
#cp	mkvpc!mark
#mo	7300 (modified)
#hd	40-Mb
#mm	2-Mb
#os	3.51
#ed	Sat Feb  4 1989

#na	moray
#ac	Houston, Tx
#uu	nuchat, uhnix1, texbell, shell, sugar, academ, mybest, siswat,
#uu	splut, flatline, hounix, cgj3b1, tac
#fe	can handle TB+ feeds
#cp	Judy Scheltema  judy at moray
#mo	3b1
#hd	67
#mm	2M
#ec	EIA expansion
#os	Unix 3.51a
#sw	elm, slip, HDB, pathalias, smail, lmail
#rm	Am trying to set up ufgate on my IBM to gateway to/from Fido/Opus
#ed	Feb 2, 1989

#na	mozart
#ac	516, Stony Brook, NY
#uu	icus noether
#cp	Mark Galassi (mozart!postmaster)
#or	Mark Galassi Research
#mo	AT&T 3B1
#hd	67M
#mm	2M
#os	3.51
#rm	Semi-public UNIX system.  Call or send mail to get account.
#ed	Thu Jan 21 08:00:45 EST 1988

#na	mtune
#ac	201 Middletown, NJ
#fe	yes
#cp	Jonathan Clark (mtune!jhc)

#na	n8emr
#ac	614, Columbus, Ohio
#uu	cbcsta,gwspc,uncle,oink, osu-cis (soon)
#fe	local or they call me
#cp	Gary Sanders (n8emr!gws)
#or	N8EMR Ham BBS..
#in	ham/packet radio, unix,c
#mo	7300  upgraded
#hd	67
#mm	1+1.5
#ec	combo eia
#os	3.5 os and utils ( soon to be 3.51)
#sw	mailx,smail,xbbs,tcp/ip,
#rm	I run a Ham radio BBS and have access via packet radio and tcpip (radio)
#ed	Fri Jan 15 10:58:40 EST 1988

#na	ncc
#ac	Edmonton Alberta, T5J 2E7
#uu	alberta, csb, daver, ers
#fe	yes
#cp	Lyndon Nerenberg (ncc!usenet)
#or	Nexus Computing Inc. 300 One Thornton Court, Edmonton Alberta, T5J 2E7
#mo	Sun 3/280S
#os	SunOS 3.4
#
#rm	We will accept new connections for unix-pc feeds, and have a pair of
#rm	Trailblazers connected for those sites so equipped.
#
#ed	Tue Jan 19 19:11:55 MST 1988

#na	ncoast
#ac	216 Cleveland, Ohio
#fe	local sites only, we don't have PC-Pursuit yet
#
#uu	cbosgd	  (irregular, roughly 2x/week)
#uu	necntc	  (3x/day, mail only, restricted)
#uu	hal	  (DEMAND + every hour their side, news/mail)
#uu	mandrill  (3x/day, restricted)
#uu	uccba	  (1/day, news/mail)
#uu	hoptoad	  (1/day, news/mail, some restrictions)
#
#cp	ncoast!rhg (Rich Garrett)
#cp	ncoast!smith (Phil Smith)
#cp	ncoast!allbery (Brandon S. Allbery)
#
#rm	Send email to one of the contacts above for more information.
#rm	We're willing to accept new UUCP connections, just make sure you ask
#rm	us for a login first!

#na	ncsugn
#ac	919, Raleigh, NC
#uu	ncsuvx, mcnc, ngn
#fe	Yes
#cp	Ted H. Emigh (ncsugn!emigh)
#or	North Carolina State University, Dept of Genetics
#in	Statistics, Genetics
#mo	AT&T 3B2/400
#hd	144MB Total
#mm	4MB
#os	System V Revision 3.0
#rm	Gateway to Department of Genetics 7300's
#ed	23 January 1988

#na	ncsuvx
#ac	919 Raleigh, NC

#na	netzer
#ac
#cp	Rob Netzer (netzer!rob)

#na	nz8r
#ac	614 ,Columbus, OH
#uu	n8emr!uncle, oink, schoen
#fe	yes, local only
#cp	Gregory W. Ratcliff (nz8r!gwr)
#or	Progressive Solutions
#in	C,TCP/IP/Flying/ham radio
#mo	7300
#hd	60
#mm	2 meg
#ed	1989 Feb 17

#na	oink
#ac	614, Columbus, OH
#uu	osu-cis!n8emr,uncle
#fe	they call me
#cp	Jim Prior (oink!jep)
#or	Random Prime Research Institute
#in	3D graphics
#mo	3B1
#hd	80
#mm	2+0
#ec	none
#rm	This machine is just another neat toy for me.
#ed	Sun Feb  5 12:31:14 EST 1989

#na	olnl1
#ac	Leiden, The NETHERLANDS
#uu	ethos
#cp	Joop van der Peet (olnl1!joop)

#na	opus
#ac	201 Holmdel, NJ
#fe	yes
#cp	Edmond Gong (opus!gong)

#na	osu-eddie
#ac	614 Columbus, OH
#fe	yes
#cp	Bob Sutterfield (osu-eddie!bob)

#na	oxtrap
#ac	313, Ann Arbor, MI
#uu	hal umix
#fe	local and pc-pursuitable
#cp	rich at oxtrap
#rm	not a 3b1
#ed	Tue Jan 26 12:18:44 EST 1988

#na	pacbell
#ac	415 San Francisco, CA
#fe	yes
#cp	David St. Pierre (pacbell!dsp)

#na	pbhacker
#ac	415 San Ramon, CA
#fe	no
#cp	Lee Hounshell

#na	pbhya
#ac	415 Hayward, CA
#cp	Theresa Bachicha (pbhya!tmb)

#na	pcbox
#ac	Castro Valley, CA
#cp	Paul J. Condie (pcbox!pjc)

#na	pcid
#ac	Rochester NY
#uu	ethos
#cp	Mark Hilliard (pcid)

#na	peaks
#ac	303 Boulder, CO
#cp	Bruce Welker (peaks!bdw)

#na	peora
#ac	305 Orlando, FL
#cp	Randy Hendry (peora!randy)

#na	phuxa
#ac	602 Phoenix, AZ
#cp	Ed Koe (phuxa!usa)

#na	piddle
#ac	919, Winston-Salem, NC
#uu	gladys, bakerst, rbdc
#fe	local
#cp	Stephen Dampier (piddle!stephen)
#ed	Fri Jan 27 12:25:09 EST 1989

#na	prayf
#ac	201 Highland Park, N.J.
#uu	rutgers, pruxe
#fe	local
#cp	Avi Feldblum (prayf!ayf)
#mo	3b1
#hd 	67
#mm	2
#os	3.5
#sw	gnumacs, elm
#
#rm	home of the mail.jewish mailing list
#rm	email: ayf at pruxe.att.com, pruxe!ayf, ayf%prayf.uucp at rutgers.edu
#
#ed	4 Feb 1988

#na	psf7300
#ac	312, Warrenville, IL
#uu	att!looney
#cp	Peter Fales att!looney!psf7300!psfales
#or	AT&T Bell Laboratories
#mo	7300 w/disk and memory upgrades
#hd	67MB
#mm	2MB motherboard
#ec	DOS-73, Voice Power
#os	3.51
#ed	1/26/89

#na	quest
#ac	612 Burnsville, MN
#fe	yes
#or	Quest Research Inc.
#cp	Scott S. Bertilson (scott at uf.msc.umn.edu or quest!sheldon)

#na	rabtrs
#ac	303 Littleton, CO
#fe	yes
#cp	Richard Bilancia (rabtrs!rab)

#na	rayssd
#ac	401, Portsmouth, Rhode Island
#uu	ukma, cbosgd, gatech, necntc
#fe	No can do, except maybe if you have a trailblazer plus.
#cp	Dave Brierley (rayssd!dhb)
#or	Raytheon Company, Submarine Signal Division
#mo	Vax 11/785
#hd	more than I care to count
#mm	48 meg (whoever said 4.2bsd would only support 8 meg?)
#os	4.2BSD
#rm	rayssd is the official Raytheon gateway machine
#ed	15 Jan 1988

#na	rbdc
#ac	Winston-Salem, NC. 27103
#uu	gladys, bakerst
#fe	yes
#cp	rbdc!andy
#or	Red Barn Data Center
#mo	7300 (modified)
#hd	40 meg
#mm	3 meg
#ec	eia combo
#os	3.51
#ed	Feb 12 1988

#na	ronspc
#ac	303 Littleton, CO
#cp	Richard Bilancia (ronspc)

#na	royko
#ac	312, Barrington, IL
#uu	att, ditka, mcdchg, obdient
#fe	yes
#cp	Karl Swartz (royko!kls)
#in	compilers, communications, parallel processing
#mo	7300
#hd	40MB
#mm	0.5 + 0.5 (+ 1.5 soon)
#ec	combo
#os	3.51a
#sw	uemacs, elm 1.7, news 2.11.8, HDB, smail 2.5, sendmail
#rm	PC Pursuitable, connections welcomed
#rm	home when I'm not on ditka (mail forwarded as needed)
#ed	Sun Jan 29  2:12:00 MST 1989

#na	rtech
#ac	Alameda, CA
#cp	Dave Brower (rtech!daveb)

#na	rwcpc
#ac	404  Lilburn, GA
#uu	att, akgua!cpsc53
#fe	local, polled (limited groups)
#cp	Richard Cook (rwcpc!rwc)
#or	AT&T Data Systems Group
#in	custom application development
#mo	3b1
#hd	67 MB
#mm	2 MB
#ec	DOS-73 coprocessor, Voice Power
#os	UNIX 3.51
#ed	02/04/89

#na	safari
#ac	503, Portland, Oregon
#uu	pacbell, tektronix!reed!qiclab
#fe	local and pacific northwest
#cp	Dave Munroe (safari!dave)
#or	Safari Time Labs
#in	microprocessor emulation software, logic analyzer firmware
#mo	3B1
#hd	67
#mm	2 + 2
#ec	just 2MB RAM card
#os	3.5 + development set
#sw	mailx, Little Smalltalk
#rm	also have 20x1MB Unix PC 7300
#ed	1989 jan 26

#na	sandoz
#ac	201 East Hanover, NJ
#uu	motown
#cp	Victor Sedlacko ({bellcore,rutgers,princeton}!motown!sandoz!sedlac)
#or	Sandoz Pharmaceuticals Corp.
#ed	Fri Feb  3 13:37:27 EST 1989

#na	scgvaxd
#ac	213 Los Angeles, CA
#fe	yes
#cp	Michael Peterson (scgvaxd!mkp)

#na	scirtp
#ac	919 Research Triangle Park, NC
#fe	yes
#cp	David Hinnant (scirtp!dfh)

#na	sendai
#ac	313, Ann Arbor, MI
#uu	oxtrap
#fe	local
#cp	rich at oxtrap, rich at sendai
#mo	3b1
#hd	67
#mm	2.5
#ec	combo
#os	3.51 + devo
#sw	usenet, gnu, pd
#ed	Tue Jan 26 12:20:40 EST 1988

#na	sfsup
#ac	201 Summit, NJ
#cp	John Roney (sfsup!jcr)

#na	shade
#ac	313, Ann Arbor, MI
#ac	906, Houghton, MI
#uu	sharkey clip
#fe	yes, local calls only, very limited selection of groups
#cp	Steve Barber (shade!steveb)
#or	[personal machine]
#in	operating systems, graphics
#mo	3B1
#hd	67 meg
#mm	2 Mb + 1 Mb
#ec	EIA RAM combo
#os	AT&T UNIX SVR2 version 3.51a + utilities
#sw	elm, smail, news 2.11, GNU, etc.
#rm	From Aug to May, use the 2nd #ac line above
#rm	shade is a member of the Ann-Arbor.MI.US domain
#rm	shade = shade.Ann-Arbor.MI.US
#ed	Feb  7 1989

#na	shawn
#ac	209 Stockton, CA
#uu	pacbell!cogent
#fe	yes
#cp	Mark Jeghers (cogent!mark, shawn!mark)

#na	skeeve
#ac	404, Atlanta, Georgia
#uu	bagend, bakerst, ditka, emory, emoryu1, galaxia, gatech
#uu	gatech, gladys, gladys, icus, islenet, lazlo
#fe	Atlanta dialing area, anyone who wants to call me
#cp	Arnold Robbins (gatech!skeeve!arnold)
#or	Arnold Robbins's home computer
#in	Operating systems, compilers, Unix, Computer Science
#mo	3B1
#hd	67 (could be 80 if h/w would support)
#mm	2
#os	3.51 + Development set
#sw	stuff from Store, Gnu project, Usenet, whatnot - News 2.11.14
#rm	I can be reached via PC Pursuit, but do not use it myself
#ed	Thu Jan 26 22:27:19 EST 1989

#na	snark
#ac	215, Philadelphia, PA
#uu	rutgers!vu-vlsi, cbmvax
#fe	yes, anyone who'll call me
#cp	rutgers!vu-vlsi!snark!eric (Eric S. Raymond)
#or	Thyrsus Enterprises
#in	systems programming, language design, AI, software engineering
#mo	3b1
#hd	67MB
#mm	2.5M
#ec	1 .5M card
#os	3.5
#sw	Home site of Teenage Mutant Ninja Netnews
#rm	If you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him!
#ed	Mon Jan 25 1988

#na	spdcc
#ac	617 Cambridge, MA
#uu	harvard, husc6, linus, ima, bbn, m2c
#fe	yes
#cp	Steve Dyer (spdcc!dyer, dyer at spdcc.COM, dyer at harvard.harvard.edu)

#na	stb
#ac	213, Los Angeles, ca
#uu	denwa
#fe	yes
#cp	michael, stb!michael
#or	The Serial Tree BBS
#in	Grad CS Student
#mo	"Flat-top", two fan, 90 or so meg drive, 1 meg mother, 1.5 meg combo
#mo	(I don't know if this is the 3b1 or the 7300 version)
#hd	90 or so
#mm	2.5 total
#ec	combo
#os	3.51a
#sw	Hdb
#rm	Desperately seeking backup methods.
#ed	Sat Feb 11 01:54:59 GMT 1989

#na	sunybcs
#ac	716 Amherst, NY
#cp	John LoVerso (sunybcs!loverso)

#na	taqwa
#ac	213 Torrance, CA 90501
#uu	hacgate, muddcs
#cp	Michael K. Peterson (taqwa!mkp)
#or	Private
#mo	7300
#hd	40MB
#mm	2MB
#ec	waiting for the Milton board
#os	Release 3.51 + Development Set
#ed	Jan 27 1989

#na	tarkus
#ac	312, Calumet City, Il.
#uu	chinet, killer!jolnet
#fe	yes, one or two sites, if they poll
#cp	John C. Sucilla (tarkus!jcs)
#or	Tarkus -- Calumet City, IL.
#in	UNIX & C
#mo	AT&T UNIX PC Model 3B1
#hd	67 Meg
#mm	3.5 Meg
#ec	EIA/RAM Combo Card
#os	System5 3.5
#sw	Development set, emacs, HDB, elm, party, news B2.11
#rm	Will be ordering a Trailblazer in March. This machine is semi-public.
#ed	Tue Feb 16 11:41:11 CST 1988

#na	teemc
#ac	313, Troy, MI
#uu	sharkey, edsews, rolls
#fe	TB+ feeds only
#cp	Michael R. Wayne (teemc!wayne)
#or	TMC & Associates
#mo	LPC MPulse 20 (not a 3b anything)
#hd	730 Megabytes
#mm	4 Mb, 2Mb disk cache
#os	Unix D.5 (System V.1, sort of)
#rm	Just passin' the news along, don't always read it
#ed	Fri Jan 27 17:33:59 EST 1989

#na	twitch
#ac	201 Holmdel, NJ
#fe	yes
#cp	Tim Thompson (twitch!tjt)

#na	ukecc
#ac	606 Lexington, KY
#uu	ukma
#fe	yes
#cp	Edward C. Bennett (edward at engr.uky.edu)
#or	University of Kentucky College of Engineering
#mo	AT&T 3B20S
#os	UNIX System V, Release 2.1.0
#rm	Also on the Internet [128.163.144.13]
#ed	Wed Feb 10 13:38:31 EST 1988

#na	ukma
#ac	606 Lexington, KY
#fe	yes
#cp	David Herron (david at ms.uky.edu)

#na	uncle
#ac	614, Columbus, Ohio
#uu	cbosgd!osu-cis!n8emr
#fe	local
#cp	John B. Milton (uncle!jbm)
#or	Me and my computer
#in	Fractals
#mo	7300
#hd	80M CDC wren II
#mm	1M + .5M
#ec	.5M ram card
#os	3.5
#sw	mailx, uEmacs, Icon
#rm	Direct connect to BAD vt-100 in the kitchen
#ed	1988 jan 16

#na	unisec.usi.com
#ac	512-255-8751, Round Rock,Tx 78681
#uu	uiucuxc,ut-sally,kitty,romp
#fe	local or polled
#cp	Darryl Wagoner dpw at unisec.usi.com
#or	UniSecure Systems Inc.
#in	unix security, NFS, and Unix
#mo	3b1
#hd	67 mb
#mm	2 mb
#ec	none yet
#os	3.51
#sw	PD stuff and UNISEC 1.0
#ed	Fri Jan 15 19:36:15 CST 1988

#na	ureka
#ac	716 Spencerport, NY
#cp	Charlie Crassi (ureka!charlie)

#na	vu-vlsi
#ac	215 Villanova, PA
#cp	Rick Perry (vu-vlsi!perry)

#na	we53
#ac	314 Ballwin, MO
#cp	Bill Bevans (we53!wcb)

#na	whizz
#ac	503, Lake Oswego, Oregon
#uu	main uucp connections to this site
#uu	safari!     bucket!
#fe	local
#cp	Bud Hovell      whizz!bbh
#or	Overture Systems Corporation
#in	Management Consulting
#mo	3B1
#hd	67Mb
#mm	2Mb
#ec
#os	UNIX System V version 3.51
#sw
#rm	att!whizz!
#ed	Fri May  6 23:50:20 PST 1988

#na	woton
#ac	409 Galveston, TX
#cp	Prentiss Riddle (woton!riddle)

#na	wsmpc
#ac	404, Atlanta, GA
#uu	emory
#cp	Bill Mahavier (wsmpc!wsm)
#or	Bill Mahavier's Home System
#ed	Fri Jan 22 16:31:41 EST 1988

#na	wucs2
#ac	314 St. Louis, MO
#cp	Bill Ross (wucs2!br)

#na	zorch
#ac	408 Sunnyvale, CA
#uu	uunet pyramid tolerant pacbell ames vsi1
#fe	Willing to feed unix-pc to anyone in local calling area
#cp	Scott Hazen Mueller (zorch!scott, zorch!usenet, zorch!postmaster)
#rm	willing to accept incoming calls

The following is a set of statistics I've compiled for 1988 and 1989.  These
statistics were generated by using shell scripts and then refining the
output by hand.

Keep in mind that the shell scripts depend on the presence of entries
such as #hd, #ed, and so on.  Therefore, when it shows '13' as the number
of 3B1's reported, that does not mean there are only 13 3B1's out there --
it only means 13 people provided an #mo line specifying a 3B1, the other
people didn't provide a #mo line.

============================  1988 statistics ===============================

Number of sites listed:
    131

Number of sites newly edited in 1988:
     32

Number of sites edited in other than 1988:
      0

Area codes served by the Unix-PC net:

201
203
209
212
213
214
215
216
303
305
312
313
314
315
401
404
408
409
412
415
503
512
516
602
603
606
612
614
615
617
714
716
801
805
817
919

Number of model 7300's reported:
      8

Number of model 3B1's reported:
     13

Models other than 7300 or 3B1:
	Sun 3/160
	AT/386 compatible
	3B2/400
	Sun 3/280S
	AT&T 3B2/400
	Vax 11/785

Number of 20MB hard disk systems reported:
      3

Number of 67MB hard disk systems reported:
     16

Disks other than 20MB or 67MB:
   	40
   	110M total online
   	144MB Total
   	more than I care to count
   	80M CDC wren II

Memory configurations reported:
   	500 k
   	.5 + .5
   	1 meg (soon to be more)
   	1M + .5M
   	1+1.5
   	2 MB
   	2.5M
   	2 + 1.5
   	3.6M available RAM
   	2 + 2
   	4MB
   	48 meg (whoever said 4.2bsd would only support 8 meg?)

Expansion cards reported:
   	.5M ram card
   	.5MB RAM card and 73-DOS card
   	1 .5M card
   	1.5MB Combo Card
   	DOS-73 coprocessor
   	DOS-73, RS-232
   	EIA port board & EIA port board/1.5M
   	Multiport board, others.
   	combo eia
   	combo eia,dos
   	just 2MB RAM card
   	tape backup, DOS-73

number of sites using 3.51:
     11

number of sites using other than 3.51:
     15

============================  1989 statistics ===============================

Number of sites listed:
    164

Number of sites newly edited in 1989:
     41

Number of sites edited in other than 1989:
     33

Area codes served by the Unix-PC net:

201
203
206
209
212
213
214
215
216
303
305
312
313
314
315
318
401
404
407
408
409
412
415
416
503
505
512
516
602
603
606
609
612
614
615
617
713
714
716
801
805
817
906
919

Number of model 7300's reported:
     19

Number of model 3B1's reported:
     44

Models other than 7300 or 3B1:
   	Sun 3/160
   	AT/386 compatible
   	3B2/400
   	Sun 3/280S
   	AT&T 3B2/400
   	Vax 11/785
   	"Flat-top", two fan, 90 or so meg drive, 1 meg mother, 1.5 meg combo
   	LPC MPulse 20 (not a 3b anything)
   	AT&T 3B20S

Number of 20MB hard disk systems reported:
      3

Number of 40MB hard disk systems reported:
     13

Number of 67MB hard disk systems reported:
     40

Disks other than 20MB, 40MB, or 67MB:
   	60
   	80MB
   	90 or so
   	110M total online
   	144MB Total
   	160Meg
   	730 Megabytes

Memory configurations reported:
   	500 k
	.5 + .5
   	1 meg (soon to be more)
   	1M + .5M
   	1+1.5
   	2 + 0
   	2MB+.5MB
   	2 + 1
   	2 + 1.5
   	2 + 2
   	4 Mb, 2Mb disk cache
   	4MB
   	48 meg (whoever said 4.2bsd would only support 8 meg?)

Expansion cards reported:

  	.5M ram card
  	.5MB RAM card and 73-DOS card
  	1.5MB Combo Card
  	2 meg memory
  	Combo(.5) + Tape Backup + DOS
  	DOS-73 coprocessor
  	DOS-73 coprocessor, Voice Power
  	DOS-73, Mag Tape
  	DOS-73,EIA/RAM Combo
  	Dual EIA
  	EIA combo board/1.5M
  	EIA expansion
  	EIA port board & EIA port board/1.5M
  	EIA/RAM Combo Card
  	Multiport board, others.
  	RAM (2.0) + EIA
  	Tape Backup, EIA/Combo
  	Voice Power, Floppy Tape, DOS-73 coprocessor, EIA/RAM Combo
  	combo board, custom breadboarding board, P5.1+ motherboard expansion

number of sites using 3.51:
     40

number of sites using other than 3.51:
     25