3B1 and Apple LaserWriter

Kim Wallen {Psy} kim at mathcs.emory.edu
Tue Apr 4 23:05:01 AEST 1989

I am trying to get an Apple LaserWriter Plus to work with my 3B1 via the
serial port at 9600 baud.  I am using Elan's Eroff software, but for the
moment am simply trying to get a postscript file pscat'd to the serial
port to print.

When I send something to the LW it double flashes (meaning that it
is ready and waiting for data) for a while and then stops.  Elan
included a digram of the pinouts for a 3B1 -> LW cable that doesn't
work.  I called Elan and was given a new, and quite different set
of pinouts (which don't work).

Does anyone have a LW working with a 3B1?  Could you send me the
pin assignments or tell me where I could buy a working cable.

Thanks

Kim Wallen
Psychology Department
Emory University