Switch settings needed for ATT PC-6300

Paul Matulonis paulm at sci.ccny.cuny.edu
Thu Dec 28 11:02:27 AEST 1989

 I have an old PC-6300 that I need to upgrade from
256K to 640k.  This machine has a 20meg HD and an 8087.
Also a mono monitor and a sngle floppy.
I need to know the configuration switch settings; currently
they are:

	switch 7T--	B6	(1011 0110)
	switch 7W--	DB	(1101 1011)

These are the values if it is assumed that the 'ON' switch
position corresponds to a 1.

I'd like to simply remove the two 64k banks of socketed ram
and replace them with 256k rams (I planned on using the part
number or equivalent of the chips on another machine which is
currently maxxed out on the ram -- I'd use the same switch settings
but can't figure out any relation between ram size and the settings
so I figured it'd be best to ask first 8-)).

Please just e-mail any responses.  Thanks.

--pm