6300 DMA problems

Robert W. Somers somers at mcnc.org
Sat Dec 30 09:04:02 AEST 1989

	My PC6300 has been eating DMA's. I was getting parity errors
  however after swapping out memory chips the problem hasn't gone
  away. I removed the DMA controller chip ( 6M ), soldered in a dip
  socket and put in a new chip. This fixed the problem for awhile
  but now a DMA chip only last about 3 hours before it is fried.
  	What is causing this problem? I have found a capisitor
  out of spec. C88 104pF. Who makes these? There are several
  resistors out of spec. R52, R53, R54, and R22 and R25. Are
  these responsible for frequent failure?

	Any help will be greatly appreciated.

----
Robert W. Somers  919-248-1494 somers at mcnc.org
MCNC, 3021 Cornwallis Rd., RTP, NC, 27709-2889