3B1/7300 Development set wanted

Neville Newman neville at hebron.ADS.COM
Mon Dec 18 16:45:32 AEST 1989

In article <399 at quad.uucp> dts at quad.uucp (David T. Sandberg) writes:
>In article <4309 at rtech.rtech.com> bruces at daneel.rtech.com (Bruce Stewart) writes:
>>I'm looking for a source for the deveopment set for the unix-pc (7300/3B1).
>>I'm currently running 3.51 and would like to acquire the development set
>>(cc, etc.) at a price less than AT&T charges.
>
>You're not alone in this.  Maybe we'll get lucky and be able to put
>together a group buy of the 3.51 development set someday.  I suppose
>we'll have to wait until someone finds a cheap source, though.

When i bought my Unix-PC from DDS, now Discovery Electronics, i seem
to remember them selling the devel. set at a discounted price.  i'm
not positive, however.  You could call them and ask - i think they're
in Atlanta.

Now i get to ask - why?  Wouldn't it be better in the long run to
get of couple of compiler writers to modify gas (GNU Assembler)
and family to generate/understand Unix-PC object files?

							-neville