Escape codes and colors in AT+T SysV.

Bob Palowoda palowoda at fiver.UUCP
Fri Dec 8 21:16:06 AEST 1989

>From article <1989Dec6.051623.22169 at chinet.chi.il.us>, by les at chinet.chi.il.us (Leslie Mikesell):
> In article <4349 at cuuxb.ATT.COM> migh at cuuxb.UUCP (Mike Hall) writes:
>
> But it still doesn't solve the problem that the resulting display is
> exceedingly ugly.  Only the printed characters get the new background
> color while the right-hand side of the screen remains black.  Is there
> any way to make all of the screen which is normally black some other
> color?  White-on-blue is much nicer than the standard ega/vga text.

  Well if you have Simul-task on a system I found out you can use a
dos program to set the pallet and character colors. When it returns
to unix they stay that way. All the unix program I run do not reset the
color. This works with vga and some pd program I have called vpt.
The vpt program does r-g-b color mixing so you can create your own
color mixture for the forground and background, save it in a file
and call it up. I don't know if this works for ega screens.

---Bob

--
Bob Palowoda  pacbell!indetech!palowoda    *Home of Fiver BBS*  login: bbs
Home {sun|daisy}!ys2!fiver!palowoda         (415)-623-8809 1200/2400