AT&T 7300 Tape drive wanted

Lenny Tropiano lenny at icus.islp.ny.us
Thu Dec 21 17:15:56 AEST 1989

In article <468 at cpsolv.UUCP> rhg at cpsolv.uucp (Richard H. Gumpertz) writes:
|>I am looking for a tape drive for my AT&T 7300.  Does anyone have one that
|>they would be willing to part with for a reasonable price?
|>--

The tape mechanism is a Cipher Model 525 tape drive.  The controller board,
of course, is proprietary and can only be gotten through AT&T.   If you
were able to get a controller, finding a cheap mechanism, small case
and power supply (like I did) is real easy.

You _used_ to be able to purchase at full retail price the controller boards
directly from AT&T National Parts (800) 222-PART, but the company I work for
tried that today and was informed that they will not sell you boards, unless
you have one broken for a trade.

Parts are getting scarce...

-Lenny
--
| Lenny Tropiano            ICUS Software Systems      lenny at icus.islp.ny.us |
| {ames,pacbell,decuac,hombre,sbcs,attctc}!icus!lenny     attmail!icus!lenny |