7300 and 9600 baud modems and uucp

Dale Lancaster dale at convex.com
Wed Dec 6 02:59:02 AEST 1989

I want to thank everyone who answered my question about the 7300
running 9600 baud modems.  I did get pcomm and works great!
I have measured the Microcom QX/12k modem, to the screen, at
about 5000 baud, the Telebit runs about 6100 baud to the screen.
My measurement was crude, but I just 'cat /etc/passwd' and used
my watch to measure and it seems to be fairly accurate.  The /etc/passwd
file was used because it has long lines it in.

Now, a second question.  I have tried for hours to get the standard
7300 Unix uucp to work over the tty000 device and no matter what I
do to L.sys and L-devices and modemcap I get the error "NO DEVICE"
and an error status of '5'.  Any ideas?  I would actually be interested
in getting a copy of HD uucp to replace my BD uucp (BD == brain damaged :-).
Anyone know where I can get a copy?

BTW:

L.sys contains:

c1east Any tty000 9600 gin: \r in: and so on

L-devices contains:

ACU tty000 9600 hayes

thanks alot for the help :-)
dale