Unix-Pc: Curses: manual versus real

Michael Gersten michael at stb.uu.net
Sun Dec 3 11:39:25 AEST 1989

System: 3b1

The manual documents all these nice curses features, including the A_
, ACS_, and KEY_ constants, attribute flags, and input values. All the
nice things found in the newest versions of curses. But the curses.h
include file mentions none of them.

What gives? Did I re-install the old curses over the new curses? (I'm
running 3.51a, or should be). Was the new curses never there in the
first place?

In <term.h>, there is a reference to SGTTY as a type, which is neither
#define'd nor typedef'd in any include file.

The comments in term.h make references to the KEY_ values in the manual,
but never define them.

There are no references to the pad routines in curses.h (newpad, subpad,
prefresh, pnoutrefresh).

Again: What gives?
			Michael