want to buy EGA board, new or used

Michael R. Kesti mrk at gvgspd.GVG.TEK.COM
Sat Dec 16 13:40:35 AEST 1989

In article <46407 at sgi.sgi.com> gsk at khaki.sgi.com (George S. Kong) writes:
>i would like to buy a STB Multires II board, or a Taxan 557 GOLD Card,
>or some other EGA board that is capable of driving an AT&T 318 monitor

Is this really possible, I mean running an EGA card with the 318?  I
know how to disable the built in display adapter, but what has always
kept me from upgrading was the cost of a new CRT.  I have a 318/T
monitor.  Can I install one of these cards and get EGA?

This inquiring mind would like to know!