jumpers of 4096 for 3b1?

Howard E. Motteler motteler at umbc3.UMBC.EDU
Sun Dec 10 18:27:06 AEST 1989

Does anyone with a seagate 4096 know how the jumpers should
be set for the 3b1?  I have zero documentation on this drive.

There is what I assume is a row of jumper positions between the
flat cable connectors in the back.  There was a jumper on the
3rd pair from the right, which at a guess, is to run as drive C:
on a PC.  But moving this jumper around, and removing it
entirely, I can't get the machine to recognize the drive!

Everything works fine when I swap the old drive back in, and the
drive spins up OK.  Any info will be grealy appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Howard E. Motteler       |  Dept. of Computer Science
motteler at umbc3.umbc.edu  |  UMBC, Catonsville, MD 21228